Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Body Kit

samc99

Got a Mk7 Fiesta 09 Zetec, want it to look just like a zetec s.

Anyone got any suggestion whether or not i should search for all the parts individually or am i better buying a full kit and getting it sprayed? Dont want to spend a stupid amount.

Looked and could only find a cheap kit from Poland around £ 220 including postage(Without the spoiler), is this any good? How much is spraying all the pieces going to cost me? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-ZETEC-S-LOOK-BODY-KIT-/201393980869

If you know any other way or suggestions let me know please.

The last vehicle I had was a Ford focus, I set about changing everything that would make it look like a replica St, including the exhaust.

I stopped in the end as the insurance was a nightmare trying to sort as the vehicle is classed as modified when you start making looky likies, the parts and items needed (especially internals such as seats, steering wheel etc etc) are a pain to get working and expensive.

Spraying is notoriously expensive, especially if you know no one in the trade.

All the smaller parts I did myself with spray cans, which turned out pretty well but bumpers and skirts cost a fortune.

Rear bumper cost me £150, 12 years ago, by someone I knew that was to turn it panther black from metallic blue.

In think the European mod parts are hit and miss from what I have read, especially when I was messing with the focus a while back.

I have learned my lesson and now just pay that bit extra and get the car I want instead of wishing I had got said car in the first place and adding bits and bobs to it.

you will find going and buying a Zetec S will be cheaper in get same colour you want, the insurance will be cheaper aswell.

• Like 2

Hi,

If you do need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

The eBay kits and most cheap aftermarket panels are usually pretty crap. Requires a lot of fiddling to get the panel gaps right (and usually a bit of modification).

Is it not just cheaper to get a zetec-s? The mk7's are pretty cheap now. You can get a decent 2012 model for under £6000 pretty easily. I bet adding all the body stuff on your insurance alone will be the difference between the value of your car vs £6000 for a Zetec-s. Even if you don't tell them, you're talking at least £500 to buy that kit and have it sprayed. You could fit it yourself with a bit of persuasion but I warn you now, cheap aftermarket kits will frustrate you.

If you're going to make it look like one, why not make it be one? Seems pointless to me having a look-a-like car. It's a bit like deliberately buying a fake rolex...

• 1 month later...

A don't know where you are looking for parts but there cheaper now I know someone selling genuine at sideskirts for £90 or £120 delivered! For the bodykit front like 80 rear I've seen sell for 100 so 300 so total of around 500-600 including spraying for the zetec s kit ps all genuine parts

Insurance is good doesn't cost much to add bodykit I'm with Adrian flux but my last insurance (admiral) only charged 20 for a handling fee sorta thing that was it insurance was the same after that [emoji23]

This buying a Rolex crap is stupid .... That's totally different .... A zetec s isn't a special model it's a Zetec..... With a bodykit making it a Zetec S.... Fek even Evans halshaw made there special called a fiesta gtr no kidding Google it lol

I have experience here.... When I got my car no one had a bodykit on theirs on the 5door and the ones who did were very rare and they said "oh don't mod a 5 door" ..it's been 4year brilliant fun and always get looks and chats about it
I love my car because I made it unique that's what car modding is adding your stamp1bd1ef5396745117937f4b83bd84e0e2.jpgc41b7dbe49f96a5731d45fa49001c5c9.jpg654c89763c36e416c956953693247190.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Paramanic said:

This buying a Rolex crap is stupid .... That's totally different .... A zetec s isn't a special model it's a Zetec..... With a bodykit making it a Zetec S.... Fek even Evans halshaw made there special called a fiesta gtr no kidding Google it lol

Your car is a bit of a special case though and will stand out from the rest as there won't be many like it. Making your car a replica of the model above isn't making it unique, it makes it a wannabe.

The zetec-s also had the 1.6L petrol engine, compaired to the 1.2 and 1.4L found in the zetec.

Your car is a bit of a special case though and will stand out from the rest as there won't be many like it. Making your car a replica of the model above isn't making it unique, it makes it a wannabe.
The zetec-s also had the 1.6L petrol engine, compaired to the 1.2 and 1.4L found in the zetec.
I get ye But same spec basically as zetec just with bodykit as said Evans halshaw made a special with a gtr model and they sold thousands of them also prices of bodykits have dropped for a long while now. And opens more ways to mod yer car once it has been put on as there isn't much for a car without bodykit it's not really a wannabe when all they add is a bodykit yes it had different engines but 2bh they weren't to easily modded anyway so people made the pfl for looks mostly worst comes to worst is take mods off and sell them and get money back or more minus the painting if needed. All comes down to what effect your putting in as said ye can get a zetec s pfl cheaper now even cheaper if you buy direct from a person selling my mates sold to dealers for 3.5k he wanted the 1.0l ecoboost

The Mk7 Zetec-s is fitted with different springs and rack limiters stopping bigger wheels hitting the inner arch. Minor differences but other than that a normal 3 door Fiesta. 

The Mk7 Zetec-s is fitted with different springs and rack limiters stopping bigger wheels hitting the inner arch. Minor differences but other than that a normal 3 door Fiesta. 
Springs which you would change anyway as standard is too high rack limiter is load of ghite as many people put 17s on after having smaller wheels and not had any issues ...me for example 4year never touched the wheel arch and all my mates too one of my mates are 45mm low on pfl and didn't touch arch with 17s as a said it's a Zetec with bodykit (s) to make it sportier there isn't much in it at all

Personally if a got a 3door zetec and gonna mod it a would save up and take it to Ryan get a fully fitted st-3 engine and everything that goes with it fully stripped to Shell with ECU and looms,heated seats etc put into the car for 3-4k with seats the lot discounted st basically and cheaper insurance due to mods etc Warren did it and now running a Garrett turbo just under 400bhp now[emoji23]

But in this case down to personal choice realty if it's easier swapping car for zetec s go for it if it's cheaper to just make your own then go for that [emoji108]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club