Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Guess the engine/car (bit of fun)

jace1969
聽Share

I had the details of the corsa off people selling them on eBay but only 99bhp,then again my old 1.4 design 09 reg was very slow as so heavy and petrol on that was shocking,my 1.6 now is better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The Mk5 Polo is also horrifically slow, with high tax and relatively poor economy.聽 They're not even well specced with no cruise or auto lights/wipers.聽 I think target market must be old people that will only buy VW but don't care about driving or costs at all. :unsure:聽 Shame as they look really good imo!

I've noticed the new Polo ad is aiming it at rubbish drivers as well...basically says it has enough driver aids to keep you safe if you can't drive... :laugh:

The mk5 golf comes with a 1.4 petrol engine which has 74 or 78 hp but was slower to 60, has a lot higher tax and low mpg compared to my previous car. Its best to look into your car and engine before buying it. The 2.0 litre TDI 170hp golf I'm planning on getting has 拢190 tax, claimed 59mpg and takes 8.2 seconds to 60. Ticks all the boxes for me. I don't think it's as reliable as the 1.9 PD engine but just have to look for one with FSH

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

The mk5 golf comes with a 1.4 petrol engine which has 74 or 78 hp but was slower to 60, has a lot higher tax and low mpg compared to my previous car. Its best to look into your car and engine before buying it. The 2.0 litre TDI 170hp golf I'm planning on getting has 拢190 tax, claimed 59mpg and takes 8.2 seconds to 60. Ticks all the boxes for me. I don't think it's as reliable as the 1.9 PD engine but just have to look for one with FSH

i see,i thought the corsa would be a bit better.

And also so cheap to buy but as you say if it fits what you want people wants and needs.

Vauxhall don't seem to change there engine a lot i have only ever had 2 different ones when i had vauxhall,the CVH and the vectra one.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

i see,i thought the corsa would be a bit better.

And also so cheap to buy but as you say if it fits what you want people wants and needs.

Vauxhall don't seem to change there engine a lot i have only ever had 2 different ones when i had vauxhall,the CVH and the vectra one.

If I was going to get a Corsa I might get it either with the 1.3 diesel engine or the 1.4 petrol. The diesel engine is just about identical in states compared to the 1.4 diesel you get on the mk6 fiesta. The 1.4 is fast taking around 10.5 seconds to 60. That's faster than my 1.6 diesel fiesta (11.2 secs) and my dad's 1.9 diesel auto (10.9). With me I look at running costs / mpg, power and probably tax. Sadly the government isn't really encouraging diesels in the future.聽

37 minutes ago, zain611 said:

If I was going to get a Corsa I might get it either with the 1.3 diesel engine or the 1.4 petrol. The diesel engine is just about identical in states compared to the 1.4 diesel you get on the mk6 fiesta. The 1.4 is fast taking around 10.5 seconds to 60. That's faster than my 1.6 diesel fiesta (11.2 secs) and my dad's 1.9 diesel auto (10.9). With me I look at running costs / mpg, power and probably tax. Sadly the government isn't really encouraging diesels in the future.聽

Thats right Diesel cars now have lost out in a massive way on the sales as its a all time low.

Got to say the 2 litre ecotec i had in my vectra never gave me any problems at all and had 108k on it when i sold it.