Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freshened Ford Edge

Mazzie

I see Ford have announced a facelift for the Edge similar to the US model, which will be available later this year, I guess 2019 MY. I won't be able to form a definitive view of the exterior styling changes until I see it in the flesh, however, the new diesel eco blue engine 238 ps with an 8 speed auto transmission sounds really interesting. Also hope the interior changes give it a more up market feel.

Sadly it still use a 2.0L engine which provides only 28 more horse power than the current one, with its 8-speed-auto gearbox, the mpg may better look BUT WHO CARE?

We still can not have the 2.7L V6, WHY?WHY?WHY? In this country, we can have a 5.0L petrol mustang but no 2.7L Diesel V6. Not on Mondeo, and now NOT on New Edge again!

Personally, I don't like the new front face which looks like the current Peugeot, if the knob can replace the current chicken-leg gear lever, the interior may be attractive, otherwise, honestly I won't want it just like I don't like the 2.3 mustang.

I share your desire for a more powerful diesel engine, but, in  reality the comparatively small volumes wouldn't justify the cost of designing, developing and packaging a more powerful engine and associated drivetrain and suspension changes, particularly a Vee engine. I can  understand your reservations on the grille thats why I am reserving my opinion until I see it in the flesh and I also have concerns about the rear lights.

From what i can see just on pictures, i do like the auto gear selector over the normal one, other than that im not sure i like many other changes like removing the long light across the tailgate always thought this made the car different from any other car out there. Time will tell , it might grow on me.

I'd like to see the performance petrol 2019 EDGE ST in the UK ... I'd certainly buy one.

<rant warning>

In light of the continual unfavourably of diesel, I really don't understand Ford UK's thinking in only offering a premium model with such limited power plant options! It's like they want to fail before they have even become competitive to the mainland European (i.e. German) manufacturers! The new 2019 models are just yet more shortsightedness of what the market wants. Ford are known for performance, just look at the popularity of the Cosworth, ST and RS ranges. To only offer and EDGE ST to the US market is just unbelievable!

</rant over>

grrrrrrrrrr!

On 21/02/2018 at 5:42 PM, raulk2 said:

We still can not have the 2.7L V6, WHY?WHY?WHY? In this country, we can have a 5.0L petrol mustang but no 2.7L Diesel V6. Not on Mondeo, and now NOT on New Edge again!

Because it's not Euro VI compliant, and because the market for 6 pot diesels is virtually non-existent outside of the German brands there's no incentive to spend the money to re-engineer it.  The way diesel sales have fallen by 20% in a year there isn't likely to ever be a market for it.

I really like it,I was planning selling my Edge sport but I'm going to keep it for now and wait and see what the new Edge st line looks like when it comes out in a year or whenever it makes an appearance,looks really nice I think anyway.

41 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Because it's not Euro VI compliant, and because the market for 6 pot diesels is virtually non-existent outside of the German brands there's no incentive to spend the money to re-engineer it.  The way diesel sales have fallen by 20% in a year there isn't likely to ever be a market for it.

What's wrong with just putting the Focus RS's 345BHP 2.3L 4CYL EcoBoost petrol engine in the EDGE, that's Euro VI rated! and plenty of oomph to warrant an ST badge! We aren't going to be buying diesels if the government have their way with hiking diesel prices through the roof, combine that with the UK's drive to see fossil fuels ending by 2030! and before you say it ... I know, it will never happen!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club