Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Brakes for Fiesta MK7.5

axesuso

Hi there!

I have this problem always with the brakes of my fiesta, when they are almost ending they start making a loud screech noise when coming to full stop. I really hate this, whats the best option for brakes? any other brand or something? also, i would love to have the ¿brake calipers? (sorry im spanish) in red color if its possible and how to get these, because ive read several opinions, like painting them, or changing the whole brake kit of the car. 

I cant find anything serious about brakes so i would like some personal opinions and help!

Thanks!

Those wear indicators are a brilliant idea. Means you know it's time to change them.

A can (or two) of high temperature spray paint is dead cheap and easy to do when you change the brakes. Just don't get any paint on the rubber parts on the guide pins or the piston. Don't bother buying ones that are already painted red. They'll cost a fortune and chances are they won't be perfect anyway.

Either Brembo or pagid is what I use for the average car and maybe EBC yellow stuff on a subaru or something. I would always advise getting ones with those metal wear indicators so that you know when there isn't much pad left and you can change them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Those wear indicators are a brilliant idea. Means you know it's time to change them.

A can (or two) of high temperature spray paint is dead cheap and easy to do when you change the brakes. Just don't get any paint on the rubber parts on the guide pins or the piston. Don't bother buying ones that are already painted red. They'll cost a fortune and chances are they won't be perfect anyway.

Either brembo or pagid is what I use for the average car and maybe EBC yellow stuff on a subaru or something. I would always advise getting ones with those metal wear indicators so that you know when there isn't much pad left and you can change them.

But the noise starts like when i still have about 20-30% of brake pad. Anyways, so i just change it at Ford, or better i buy the pads myself and get it done. Is it easy? 

Thanks mate!

The wear indicator is about 2.5mm from having no pad left. Considering 1.5mm is an MOT failure, it is recommended to change at around 3mm.

At the end of the day you're probably not going to check the thickness very often and by the time you notice they need changing, they are usually dangerously low. Brake pads aren't expensive, and you aren't getting much out of the extra 1mm.

As for changing them yourself, if you don't know one end of a spanner from the other, then don't bother and get an idependent garage to do it. Also if you don't have the tools then don't. Brakes are an important safety part of the car. Do it wrong and you'll know about it. I wouldn't go to a Ford dealership though. You'll get charged a fortune for a simple job that any garage can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

The wear indicator is about 2.5mm from having no pad left. Considering 1.5mm is an MOT failure, it is recommended to change at around 3mm.

At the end of the day you're probably not going to check the thickness very often and by the time you notice they need changing, they are usually dangerously low. Brake pads aren't expensive, and you aren't getting much out of the extra 1mm.

As for changing them yourself, if you don't know one end of a spanner from the other, then don't bother and get an idependent garage to do it. Also if you don't have the tools then don't. Brakes are an important safety part of the car. Do it wrong and you'll know about it. I wouldn't go to a Ford dealership though. You'll get charged a fortune for a simple job that any garage can do.

Everything said then! Thank you very much mate!

cheers!

• Like 1

Fit original pads with the screamers built in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club