Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacking and axle stands

Mamuta

Hi all, I need to replace the rear top mounts on my mk6 Fiesta and was wondering if it's ok to jack it up and put axle stands under the beam that runs the width of the car at the back? I don't have a factory jack, just a trolley. Thanks.

You need the beam to 'hang' free to get the shocks out.  However you can jack up on the beam and put the stands under the sill.

Thanks for the replies. Regarding 'hanging free', isn't that beam fixed and it's the wishbones on either end that hang? I'm probably completely wrong, Fords are a new entity to me!

Yes,the suspension arms swing from the ends of the cross member.

Just jack it up in the center of the beam, chock the front wheels and leave the car in reverse, stick the wheel of the side your working on under the sill out of your way. You could still put the stands under a solid member as indicated in your owners manual.

Thanks again. I'm afraid the questions will come thick and fast, no sign of an owner's manual with this car, and plenty of niggles.

The rear shocks on these are a piece of cake, don’t even need to remove the wheel to do them. 

10mm socket and an extension bar for the upper mounting bolts and a 15mm socket for the lower bolt.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mamuta said:

Thanks for the replies. Regarding 'hanging free', isn't that beam fixed and it's the wishbones on either end that hang? I'm probably completely wrong, Fords are a new entity to me!

11 hours ago, williamweb said:

Yes,the suspension arms swing from the ends of the cross member.

This is a Fiesta, not a Focus.  It's a solid rear beam, no extra wishbones.

That's for the Mk 7.5. Here's one (albeit quite clearly a manual scan!) for the Mk 6 and a there's an HTMLised version here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club