Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird badging on focus?!

franko77kool

Hi, im new here!

Just bought a 63 reg focus 1.6 tdci titanium. It was advertised as an econetic and the dealer said it was an econetic. This wasnt the reason i bought it though as i was just after excellent condition tdci focus in titanium trim.

So, ive went to tax it and was suprised when i saw that it isnt free tax as the econetic models are meant to be, its £20 for the year. Then i checked and saw that the engine is 115ps and not 105ps?

The car has an econetic badge on the right side of the boot lid though, im confused! Has anyone come across something like this before?

is it econetic badge or the econetic technology badge, ford decided to slap the powered by econetic technology badge on all 16 diesels and 1.0 ecoboosts around 2012/2013

• Like 1

Not only the 1.6 TDCI and 1.0 ECOboost engines. On most European markets the 2.0 TDCI and 1.6 ECOboost do also have the ECOnetic technologies badge.

The ECOnetic Technologies versions are different from the 95 and 105 HP ECOnetic versions.

The following website explains the ECOnetic Technologies philosofy :

http://technology.fordmedia.eu/documents/Ford_GreenECOneticExplained.pdf

Yeah the badge says econetic technology..., so does the actual focus tdci econetic model only say "econetic" on the badge then?

no, there was a version that had an eceonetic only badge but cant remember what year it was. 

just enjoy that that little extra power for £20 year

• Like 1

Haha yeah iantt i will mate! I was just wondering/worrying if either its had a new whole boot lid for some dodgy reason at some point or the dealer just got the car spec totally wrong. I guess maybe the latter then. Cheers for the info folks.

By the way is it easy to remove the badge? It looks naff i think.

yep, prises off easy enough, took mine off years ago but still have it in the garage oddly enough , now have an econettic central heating boiler. lol

1519241966979-918980839.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You can remove it with a bit of dental floss or an old credit card easy enough.  Best to do it after a wash when it's wet.

I quite like it though...means people don't immediately know I drive a deathly diesel these days... :ninja: :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You can fool your self into thinking that but we ain't that stupid. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best to use a hairdryer on the badge, heat the glue up and then use some fishing wire behind the badge to ease it off and then next some tar remover to get rid of any residual glue

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club