Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The tale of the flexible break line and the master clutch cylinder

PaxPrime

focus 2001 1.6

Oh dear. I'm hoping someone has heard of this story before, though i don't wish it on anyone !

A few weeks ago, during the M.O.T, the tester pointed out that when the breaks had been replaced the flexible break line(driver side) had been twisted when the caliper was re inserted. Now, as i had been the one changing the breaks (pads and discs), i put my hand up and said yeah, that's my fault and promptly drove home to take the caliper out, untwist the cable and get rid of that horrible fail certificate.

So, the next morning, having done that I began the drive down to the centre. About halfway there the clutch pedal began to stiffen, this led to the small piston on the master clutch cylinder snapping and the loss of clutch control. Fast forward 3 days, i get a new master cylinder, and replace it without much difficulty. I than drive down to the centre and get a pass ! Happy days. or so i thought....

3 weeks later I'm setting off from work and it begins to stiffen again, within seconds it snaps off again :( sad face indeed.

This is a brand new master cylinder. the clutch itself was replaced early last year and both pads and discs late last year.

So does anyone have any idea whether there is a strange connection between this twisted break line and the the failure of the master cylinder? why did it take three weeks for it to happen again? was it a coincidence? Am I being paranoid? Help!!! Please.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club