Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control retrefit

Azz899

Ive managed to snag a cruise steering wheel (fitted already) all lights up and ive been in to forscan to enable  "with cruise control" and "with ASL".

Only issue is the controls still dont repsond, the rest of the steering wheel controls work (volume, voice etc) i just cant seem to get the CC to activate

Anyone had any issue's and found out what caused it?

Cheers

What module did you have to code to enable the CC? Do you also have to run the service? When I fitted the reverse camera you had to run/enable the service before it would work, before doing that the screen would change to the camera input but the picture did not show, perhaps it’s the same with CC, the lights show up but without running the service the buttons don’t work? I don’t actually know if there is a service to run though lol

i enabled cruise and ASL through the BCM, i heard you had to initialize the abs afterwards so i tried that as well, but no dice.

im going to pull the airbag again and check the squib connection to see if its missing any pins, seems as though ford have gone back to the old school way of having different looms for cars to stop people just upgrading themselves

Just changing the Central Car Configuration is not enough to activate Cruise Control on most later MK3.5 models. On these vehicles it is also necessary to reprogram the PCM and in some cases also the BCM. 

ah, i best get the laptop charged again and have another root around in the PCM module then?

The free FoCCCus and Forscan programs do not have the ability to do this. These programs can only activate the Cruise Control functionality in the Central Car Configuration. 

As far as I know the Russian UCDS diagnostic system and the Ford IDS diagnostic system both have the ability to activate the Cruise Control functionality on later MK3.5 versions.

If changing the Central Car Configuration does not activate the Cruise Control functionality you either have to invest in a suitible diagnostic system or find someone who has the ability and tools to activate the Cruise Control functionality.

ah, i read about the UCDS program but also that it takes ages to come and is abit pricey. i may try and wangle the ford dealer near me to turn it on as a good will gesture for my busted heated screen!

• 2 years later...

Did you manage to get it working as I have done all you did but to no avail any good advice or help would be much appreciated