Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Buy - MK7 Fiesta Zetec S

JWFiesta

Hi Guys,

Im currently in the process of purchasing a new vehicle for social and commuting purposes. 

I currently own a MK5 Golf 1.9 TDI which is sitting at 186,000 miles with many underlying issues so decided it is time for a change.

The car i currently have in mind is the Fiesta MK7 Zetec S (2010-2012 plate/petrol).

I dont know anything at all about the 1.6 petrol engine so am wondering what they are like in terms of packing on the miles. Granted I will only be doing around 13,000 miles a year, mainly a 60 mile round commute on B roads. 

Im not too concerned regarding MPG, as long as i can get around 35+ I will be happy.

I have found a specific car as a private sale on Autotrader, it is around 90 miles from home but certainly matches all of my criteria:

2012 MK7 Fiesta Zetec S

36,000 miles

F/S/H

4 new tyres

only ever had advisories on MOT's for tyres.

The car is on for £6,095

I would be looking at getting a Full RAC/AA inspection done on the vehicle beforehand

so, my main questions are:

1. in general will these engines be good for 100,000 miles + if serviced on time and looked after? (I know it is very vehicle dependant!)

2. What kind of MPG's do you get if you own the 1.6 petrol variant?

3. what are they like to drive at 70mph+ in terms of rev range values?

any more information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

They're generally quite robust engines. Careful warm up before thrashing, and regular servicing keeps them sweet and long lived.

Low to mid 40's overall, into the 50's on a run if you're careful.

They do rev a bit at speed, not the longest gearing you'll find. However, they are very smooth revving, so although they're turning and burning well they don't feel or sound stressed at motorway speeds.

11 hours ago, JWFiesta said:

Hi Guys,

Im currently in the process of purchasing a new vehicle for social and commuting purposes. 

I currently own a MK5 Golf 1.9 TDI which is sitting at 186,000 miles with many underlying issues so decided it is time for a change.

The car i currently have in mind is the Fiesta MK7 Zetec S (2010-2012 plate/petrol).

I dont know anything at all about the 1.6 petrol engine so am wondering what they are like in terms of packing on the miles. Granted I will only be doing around 13,000 miles a year, mainly a 60 mile round commute on B roads. 

Im not too concerned regarding MPG, as long as i can get around 35+ I will be happy.

I have found a specific car as a private sale on Autotrader, it is around 90 miles from home but certainly matches all of my criteria:

2012 MK7 Fiesta Zetec S

36,000 miles

F/S/H

4 new tyres

only ever had advisories on MOT's for tyres.

The car is on for £6,095

I would be looking at getting a Full RAC/AA inspection done on the vehicle beforehand

so, my main questions are:

1. in general will these engines be good for 100,000 miles + if serviced on time and looked after? (I know it is very vehicle dependant!)

2. What kind of MPG's do you get if you own the 1.6 petrol variant?

3. what are they like to drive at 70mph+ in terms of rev range values?

any more information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I have a 1.6 Ti-vct 2011 titanium and had it for 4 years and a nice nippy engine and in 4 years not 1 issue and on 27k.

MPG depends on your driving i get give or take 30mpg very very local stop and start driving.

As Gerald said they don't feel like there being pushed at 70+ and not a lot of noise from the engine.

• Like 1

Thank you both very much for the replies!.

In terms of pricing does £6,000 sound a good deal?

Looks pretty much the going rate for something of the year and mileage!

Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, JWFiesta said:

Anyone have any views on the price?

Thanks in advance!

I was looking to pay £5000 for a '12 plate, but if it were to be white it was going to be around £6000... I ended up with a '12 recently myself. 40k miles, again mostly advisories in the last 4 years, notably for tyre wear.

Thanks for the reply!.

Do you mind if i ask what you ended up paying in the end?

40 minutes ago, JWFiesta said:

Thanks for the reply!.

Do you mind if i ask what you ended up paying in the end?

It'll stand me £6000 or so, got it in white, but I have seen other options roughly £5500-£6500, metal editions also.

that sounds reasonable. 

I think if i can get it for £5,600-£5,700 I will be best pleased!

Thanks again