Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying mk4 Titanium X - questions

Shiv_P

Hi all

I posted in the general chat but was advised to post here

In a few months I might be looking at buying a mk4 mondeo TX for around £5-5.5k to commute to and from uni (around 30 miles per day), 80ish percent motorway. I only will be 19 but I will have to fend off the older man vibes :)

A few questions - from what year did bluetooth streaming become standard on titanium X or was this always the case? And with the screen between the dials, does this replace a sat nav or is the sat nav an option? As I can't see many cars with the sat nav.

2.0 petrol - is this generally reliable or am I better off going for the 2.0 or 2.2 TDCI? For the mileage I will be doing I'd rather have a petrol to avoid DPF issues etc

What sort of MPG can I expect from the 2.0 petrol? Looking at the manuals only

Thanks

Not sure on the bluetooth streaming query, it depends which bluetooth module is fitted.  The screen between the dials (Converse+) isn't a replacement for a factory sat nav, if fitted it replaces the more standard head unit.

Even though the TDCi's of that generation have the newer more durable cDPF (I believe) I'd expect if it's regularly only been used to do 30 miles a day that it wouldn't be long before you'd start having DPF issues.

2.0 Duratec engine is chain driven so as long as the oil has been done each year you shouldn't have to worry about having the cambelt done, generally it's a pretty solid engine, I wouldn't expect much more than 35 MPG going on the journey type you described.  Maybe slightly more in the summer months due to the engine getting up to temp quicker.

Edited by al2052
removed

Thanks for the reply

Are the cooled seats standard on the Titanium X or were they just a cheap option?

1 hour ago, Shiv_P said:

Thanks for the reply

Are the cooled seats standard on the Titanium X or were they just a cheap option?

They where not standard and certainly not a cheap option

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club