Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera

tark99

Hi all

ive just brought a fiesta ST Line 2016 reg I'm thinking of getting a reversing camera on it 

I went online to see which is the best and read if I got already a sat nav fitted (which I have ) 

they said I just need the camera because there's usually a spare auxiliary port to plug your 

camera into so I can use the same screen. is this right. If anybody replies thanks a lot.

1 hour ago, tark99 said:

Hi all

ive just brought a fiesta ST Line 2016 reg I'm thinking of getting a reversing camera on it 

I went online to see which is the best and read if I got already a sat nav fitted (which I have ) 

they said I just need the camera because there's usually a spare auxiliary port to plug your 

camera into so I can use the same screen. is this right. If anybody replies thanks a lot.

It most certainly can be retrofit to any fiesta, your already half way there having the right screen

Things to check to get an idea of what you need:

Firstly remove your sat nav SD card then pull the trim up and off from the screen it's held in by 4 clips, second undo 2 screws (torx) holding in your screen.

With the screen out check the back, there's a green fakra type plug in the middle which has 4 pins, do you have a cable going into this at all? This is your video feed, if it's not there it needs adding

Second take out your parcel shelf, from the boot on the left hand side remove the trim, first the light color piece next to the headliner, there is 1 screw close to the passenger door behind a little cover you have the pry off, once the screw is out the trim will pull off

Then remove the grey piece on the left, 1 screw close to the boot side and 1 closer to the rear seat that you can only see when the other trim piece is off, on these are out it then pulls off

Them pull the carpet away

Now at this stage you should see a big grey connector block near the seat belt mechanism

This block pulls away from the car for easier access

Now couple of options here, if there is no missing wires at all in the plug at either side that means wiring for power and bcm already runs to the boot but if the top part of this connector which runs to the boot has 3 wires missing check the bottom part of the connector which runs into the car and hopefully it has the 3 wires in place, does it?

If the 3 wires are in place that's your 12v and ground for power and the BCM wire

Answer those above questions and I can better guide you

• Like 4

Thanks for that mate for the time and effort it’s much appreciated but it’s way out of my league but I will keep the details and I will inform you how I get on I’ve just had a quote from car communications and they want £500 for camera and fitting 

Hey bud

It's really not that difficult although to really do it properly you do need to be able to use a soldering iron for the wiring

£500, wow that's not cheap

Shame your not closer down here I would do it for you for a lot cheaper than that lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah pity that, thanks for replying 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm interested in this procedure, I have a fiesta ST-line (not the new one, but bought in 2017) with sat nav. 

"Now at this stage you should see a big grey connector block near the seat belt mechanism": there are 11 wires on both side (black up and multicolors down)

if liamstears   or anyone else can help me, thanks a lot!!

DSC_2068.jpg

5 minutes ago, trinity_L said:

Hi, I'm interested in this procedure, I have a fiesta ST-line (not the new one, but bought in 2017) with sat nav. 

"Now at this stage you should see a big grey connector block near the seat belt mechanism": there are 11 wires on both side (black up and multicolors down)

if liamstears   or anyone else can help me, thanks a lot!!

DSC_2068.jpg

Looking at that connector your looking to see if all pins are present, all the colored side pins should be present then check to see if all black are present or if 3 are missing, if all are present you most likely have wiring in the boot for the camera

32 minutes ago, liamstears said:

Looking at that connector your looking to see if all pins are present, all the colored side pins should be present then check to see if all black are present or if 3 are missing, if all are present you most likely have wiring in the boot for the camera

so...I think that not all the wires/pins are present (there are some empty pins), but all the wires on colored side are present on black side. 

but, if present, where I could find the end of the cable for the camera? removing the tailgate handle?

Your post is not quite clear, where are the empty pins? Both colored side and black side?

sorry for my english...maybe I'm not clear enough :( 
I have same number of wires, both side. Not all the connector's "holes" are with a wire in it

2 hours ago, trinity_L said:

sorry for my english...maybe I'm not clear enough :( 
I have same number of wires, both side. Not all the connector's "holes" are with a wire in it

This is not good for you I'm afraid

Is it 3 missing in each?

If so you have no wires for camera in boot, you need to run cable from screen to camera and also power 12v, ground and ecm wire to ecm

I'll look better in the next days, but, although there is the fakra cable behind the screen, I think that no camera cable arrives in the tailgate. 
thankyou for now

5 minutes ago, trinity_L said:

I'll look better in the next days, but, although there is the fakra cable behind the screen, I think that no camera cable arrives in the tailgate. 
thankyou for now

You can double check by removing boot trim

3 screws, 1 in handle and 1 at each side, pull sides off then pull while trim off

• Like 1

nothing found behind the boot trim, no free wires nor green (or other color) plug. so I decided to pass the cables and connect a 'chinese' retrocamera. the hardest thing was to remove the the boot and screen trim (maledette clip!!:wallbash:)...and even pass the cables in the tailgate. with the cable behind the glove compartment I disconnected the original cable and used a new fakra plug.  everithing ok at the first try!

DSC_2081~01.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Looking at the wiring diagrams in my Haynes manual 6407 for my model Fiesta it looks like the large grey connector on the LH side is C410. This has 14 wires and my car has all 14 connected on one side but only 11 black on the other. The Haynes manual diagrams are incomplete as they do not cover the heated rear window circuit.

The pin number colours and circuits are as follows.

1 YE OG, BCM to Tailgate act.

2 WH BU, Tailgate act to light.

3 BU GY, BCM to Rear wiper.

4 GN WH, BCM to Tailgate act.

5YE BK, Tailgate to Earth.

6 BU GY?

7 BR YE?

8 BR BU, BCM to Tailgate act.

9 BK BU, Camera to earth.

10 GN, Fuse 42 camera supply.

11 BU YE, BCM to Camera.

12 VT GN, BCM to Tailgate Handle.

13 BU, BCM to Rear wiper.

14 VT BK, Rear wiper to Earth.

So from this I have to assume that the heated rear window circuit is on pin 6 and 7. I may check this out in the future. The rear Camera is on connections 9, 10 & 11 and as I don’t have these black wires going from C410 I would have to make the up and install them myself.

I do have the factory fit front & rear parking sensors complete with the MFD High TFT 4.2 inch colour screen. I haven’t taken this out yet to see what connectors are on it. That is for another day.

• 4 weeks later...

Colour screen removed. Just the one multi pin connector on the back 12 pins. Screen pt no C1BT-18B955-CJ. No Fakra connection. Does this mean that I can' t use this screen for a factory fit rear camera?

Nope can't be used, you might as well upgrade to the sat nav screen it's easy enough to do

• 2 weeks later...

Don't need sat nav. I would be looking at the same size screen as fitted to a fiesta I saw at a dealer. This Fiesta had rear and front sensors and reversing camera but not Sat nav. The radio was the same Sony and the screen was the same as mine in size, so no changing the cowl for the ventilated one.

Does any one know the part number of this screen?

I did ask Ford Tech services for this but apparently they don't have access to the parts catalogue, really!! They suggested I contact my local dealer parts dept but they are very busy with trade customers and make it known that they don't like enquiries like this.

Thanks

Hey buddy, understand on the sat nav thing but you could always put it in n just not use it.

For your issue though I think I'm wrong with my last post, some displays can have rear cam with the 12pin connector as long as it's a full colour screen

Best way to test if yours is compatible is program the car to have a rear cam using Forscan, stick it in reverse and see if the correct screen comes up 

If it does I can help with wiring it up

• Like 1

Hi Thanks for this. I have looked at the wiring diagram in the Haynes Manual and if correct the Camera pin1 is the supply from Fuse 42, Pin 2 to BCM, pin3 & 4 to FCDIM (screen), pin 5 to earth and Pin 6 FCDIM.

This needs a good looking at as you maybe correct. If this is the case I could get the plugs from a scrap car and re pin my BCM and FCDIM if necessary.

I have rung around the scrap yards over here in the Exeter area and no one has a single Mk7 or 7.5 Fiesta of any model. Where do all the scrap Fiesta's go?

I used the Forscan with extended licence to activate the Deflation Detection System last year, which has worked well. My car is pre having the sensors in the wheels and uses the abs system. Licence has now expired but I will reinstall it later. Not sure how many times it can be downloaded?

I looked at my efis spec and my screen is MFD High TFT, I took a note of the car reg I looked at and the efis spec is the same for the screen. 

This is a slow time project but I will post again when I have done a bit more checking.

You can download Forscan as often as you need it, license lasts for 2 months at a time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a bit more of an in depth look today. My FCDIM connector (C2123A) has the camera wires fitted to pins12 and 6 with the screen on11. At the other end on C237 the same wires are connected to 14, 15 &16. Unfortunately in  the other half of the connector the wires don't carry through. So I would need to pick up on these pins and run a screened 2 core wire to the camera along with 3 that are missing from the connector C410. C237 is underneath the radio, a flat grey connector.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am working through what wiring I need to install the OEM reversing camera. In my previous posts I have explained how I worked out what wires were missing and from where. What I am now stumped by is what the connectors are in the tailgate. There should be 6 wires, 3 black from the connector C410 (left side behind rear seat) and 2 wires + screen from C237 (below radio).It's what is on the other end I am not sure about. The pictures I have seen of the camera it has a single fakra connector but the picture on another post, see attached has a fakra and a small 3 pin black connector.

Any clarification would help. Thanks. 

IMG_1405.thumb.JPG.d9d781777130ca4fece61c62ea9a5b41.jpg

I wonder if @jace 1969 can help you, I’m sure he had trouble with his camera install (which turned out to be the camera output) and had to identify all the wires including the plugs shown here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club