Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera

tark99

18 hours ago, pnp77 said:

Sorted! Had to disable the parking sensors and the rear view camera. Then enable the camera and the sensors in that order. Now I get the camera displaying together with the bleeps from the sensors. Also get the block pattern together with the reactive steering lines. I think the blocks might be dependent on the sensors?

Hi Thanks, this is good to know for when I get my finger out to complete my installation.

Which trim pieces are you needing done? It can’t be a pain to find an exact match and your car would probably suit a few bits of carbon fibre on the exterior, could you work that into the project?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Which trim pieces are you needing done? It can’t be a pain to find an exact match and your car would probably suit a few bits of carbon fibre on the exterior, could you work that into the project?

Got exact paint ordered to spray the used tailgate trim that came with the camera. Here's the finished product inside.

20180709_152452[1].jpg

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, liamstears said:

No problem

So C410:
Pin 9 = Ground = Pin 5 on Camera
Pin 10 = 12v/Power = Pin 1 on Camera
Pin 11 = BCM = Pin 2 on Camera

C237:
Pin 14 = Video (+ or - I can't remember) = Pin 3 on Camera
Pin 15 = Video (+ or - I can't remember) = Pin 4 on Camera
Pin 16 = Shield = Pin 6 on Camera

I have attached a picture of the camera connector, sorry it's the best I could find, it's the green one towards the bottom, if buying the camera used the cable normally comes with the camera and trim piece, I cut off the connector though and soldered a new one so that I had a mating connector as I couldn't find anything about this connector other than buying harness from Ford...expensive

Hope this all helps and let me know if you need anything else

s-l1600.jpg

Hi, A bit more progress. I now have the Trim and camera assy which looks like the picture. My question is having disconnected the connector from the camera and examined it very closely I can't see any pin numbers. All the wires are different colours and looking down on the Connector (not the green one but the flat black one actually on the camera) left to right I have Brown, Green, Yellow, white, Grey and black. Which is pin 1 is it Brown or Black?

Still haven't found the pins to connect to C237. All in good time.

On my camera the wires are in a line with a "1" on one end and a "6" on the other end. Are you sure it's a genuine Ford camera?

Got a better magnifying glass. No 1 is Brown

• 1 month later...

Hello Cragrat and Liamstears.I'm Nasos from Greece and i own a fiesta st 2017 model. I want to retrofit the factory reverse camera and you have been very helpful to me to understand how to do it. My case is similar to Cragrat's as i have all the coloured cables in the left side plug behind the rear seat but not the 3 cables from there to the tailgate.Secondly i have the cables from my screen plug to connector C237 below the radio again but no further.Yesterday i activated my reverse camera with forscan and the correct screen came up  ☺️So i think that i'm in a good way...I want to ask you for a wiring diagram and every help that you both can give to me (what plugs - wires -  pins).Another question is if i have to send the cables from c237 to the tailgate through the A-pillar c-248 plug or not.My screen is the 4.2 inch coloured.Every help from anyone is welcome.Thanks in advance.

This is mine that i had to rewire the rear camera being it was std. from new with a Fakra connector so turned that into a RCA plug with these results.

All factory fitted by other person who had it new but camera packed in twice in 2 years and i aint paying close to £200 when i paid £12 for this one and

a lot of thinking and cutting plugs off,my problem was i needed a camera to push out a 3.5'' picture to work on my 3.5'' rear-view-mirror and tried 3 others

as they were 4.2'' or above so just a rolling picture and very bad,my results below so i have knowledge on a pre-facelift set-up.

rear camera,2nd go at fitting ok and works fine..jpg

reverse camera with 3.5'' camera..jpg

• Like 1

Hi Nasos73, Their is a wiring diagram in the Haynes manual that shows the cables and connectors. This is what I mainly used with help from others on this site. As for my own installation this has come to a problem. I bought a second hand camera and tailgate trim and thought I could just use the second hand one as a template to reposition the tailgate release and camera. Not possible as the trim for the camera is wider on the lower edge where the lights handle and camera fit. I will now have to try and get the second hand trim painted to the correct colour

Thank you both for your answers.Cragrat i want to know what cables have you used (thickness - cores - shield) and where did you find the plug pins.I also want to know if it is necessary to  run the cables from C237 below the radio to the tailgate via the A-pillar c-248 plug or not.Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Hi the cable I intend using is off ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCREENED-2-CORE-DATA-CABLE-Per-Metre/282112798341?epid=1643571984&hash=item41af3bae85:g:3JQAAMXQLbVRaWV-  I have run this cable from the tailgate straight to C237, I haven't found the pins for this connector yet, so haven't connected to the screen. All of the other pins I have found in scrap yards. My connector C237 seems to be only fitted to post 2013 Fiesta's as I looked at a 2011 Fiesta and it's C237 was much bigger. I must stress I haven't got mine working yet. In my area there just don't seem to be any scrap post 2013 Fiesta's, but I am constantly looking.

Attached is the diagram for reverse camera and front and rear parking sensors, if it's any good to anyone. says its for a 2013 model year. So i think it facelift on, possibly still good for pre facelift though?

2013 Fiesta - Cell 131.pdf

Is anyone here that knows the type of the c410 and c237 plug pins and if i can buy them at Ford? And for the 12v camera feed what thickness the cable have to be?

Thanks guys. 😊

I tried to buy the pins from Ford. I was told they are not available only as part of a complete loom at great expense. I cut the connectors from a scrap car  leaving a tail of wire and took pins out and inserted them into my connector. Then crimped my cables into the tails. Still waiting for a post 2013 Fiesta to get I more connector (C237). The scrappy charged me £5 for the ones I took.

Is there a difference between the pins of the 2 plugs (c237 and c410) ?

3 hours ago, Nasos73 said:

Is there a difference between the pins of the 2 plugs (c237 and c410) ?

In my Fiesta Yes. C410 pins are much larger than C237

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I have  finally received all the items that i will need to retrofit my camera. Ford asked around 670 euros (almost 600 English pounds) so i bought these for 200 English pounds. Expensive shipping cost (70 English pounds) but again the difference is big.Next step is to paint the trim plastics  and then do the cable stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

All finished now. Had to get panel sprayed to correct colour Hot Magenta cost £80. Nice paint job. Wiring completed and Forscan reprogram carried out. The reprogram was a bit of a faff but all done and working. Took a while but done now.

Nice news to hear David. Post some photos if you can .Can you tell what the problem was with the forscan ? In my case yesterday i took my  sprayed panel and now i'm ready to start the cable stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nasos73, What photo's do you want? Just about every thing I did is on this post some where either from me or others. As for Forscan It was mainly finger trouble and working out the sequence.

Hi David.Just a photo of the screen working with reverse...I also want to ask you what size is the cable for the 12v camera feed that you used?

Thanks!!!

Hi, I used cable from an auto electrician. The core is multi strand with a dia of 1.2mm. Possibly a bit over the top but it was free. The pictures below are first standard with block distance, these turn green / yellow / red. Second is with the Parking Pilot off and the third is it at max zoom. Hope this is what you wanted. 

The box in the top left is the front parking Pilot display.

P1030730.JPG

P1030733.JPG

P1030731.JPG

Edited by Cragrat
Added front parking info

David, thank you very much  for your help...i really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Hello and happy new year. I need your help guys again... I have to know what is the type of the female pins that are in the C237 grey plugin below cd player.The car is 2017 model and as i can't find a used plug i must know the type of the pins .Any help? Thank  you!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club