Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera

tark99

Hello again guys.I have finished putting the factory reverse camera on my st (with the cable stuff) but i cannot enable it.I 've activated the camera in configuration and programming section but i can only see a pink screen (photo below) with the choices working (zoom , guides etc).Do i have to change the APIM values? Any ideas?
Thank you.

20180901_204417.jpg

Any help guys? Cragrat is there something that you can think? Do you think i have to change my bcm?

Is ther an option to swap bwtween ntsc and pal in the configuration tab?

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

when I did the camera on my Mk3.5 last week I activated the camera service in the Central Config and also changed the coding in th APIM. Not sure if both needed doing but the camera works perfectly, although I’m running Sync3 in my car. I wrote a guide for the Mondeo MK5 and I followed the same instructions when I came to using Forscan - see below.

7D0 - 01 - 01 make a note or a screen shot of this line. It will look like this (x= a number)  xXxx xxxx xxxx. You want to change the value of the number indicated by the capital X. Change this digit to an A and click 'write' then save it. This value would most likely have been a 0 which means disabled, changing it to a 2 would activate the camera without parking sensors.  ‘A’activates the camera with sensors. 

Thanks Jonro2009 for your answer. My number in 7D0-01-01 is 01BF  8840   0263. So i have to change the 01BF to 02BF right?

Do you have parking sensors? If you do then it would be 0ABF, if not then it’s 02BF

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Cragrat said:

I would not have thought you would need to change the BCM. The PAL / NTSC may be an issue but not sure.  Before changing any parts go through the steps above. In order to get mine to work I had to carry out the procedure described by pnp77 earlier in this post to disable the rear sensors then enable the camera then the rear parking sensors.  

The cam should be NTSC to be compatible and you will need to also check the output size is correct for your screen. 

First thing i want to tell to you is that i have fitted the factory camera so i think is unnecessary to check the NTSC/PAL protocols.Secondly i've tried to change the value in the APIM like Jonro2009 told me but...nothing happened.The same situation. Then i unplugged the camera and I got a DTC saying that the system had lost communication with camera module. That means the system can see the camera but??? I also  don't  have parking sensors so i'm afraid that something is missing in my system. Thanks to all of you for your help.

20190223_204327.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately my camera function is locked and cannot be unlocked even with the ids diagnostic tool...this is what the dealership told me yesterday.Do you think  fitting a 5 inch sat nav screen  will solve  my problem?

Mate i might be wrong as i did mine on a 2011 pre-facelift with a rear-view -mirror monitor screen,i already had a camera when i had the car but it packed in twice in 3 years so i got a cheap one off eBay but ok and works fine,genuine ford wanted £150+ and eBay chap thing £12 yes £12 so i went this way but this is the problem i had but might do nothing.

I had black and white lines/flicker which looked similar to your pic you put on here but the screen could not take the picture the camera was pushing out,nothing to do with PAL and stuff just the image which the screen could not take being a 3'5 inch screen and camera was trying to push for a 4'3 so i found one to push 3'5 and worked A1 like Genuine,this might help or not.

Thanks Jace1969 but my problem is for factory camera with factory screen....so we are not talking about incompatibilities....i think.

12 hours ago, Nasos73 said:

Thanks Jace1969 but my problem is for factory camera with factory screen....so we are not talking about incompatibilities....i think.

Oh ok mate,hope you get it sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

After using the camera for a while I saw on another site that the Ford reversing camera screen should have 'Active Guide Lines' but not sure if this would apply to my 2014 Mk 7.5 Titanium X. I don't have these lines, does anyone with a reverse camera fitted at build have these lines on a car this age? I can zoom etc but no option on the display for active guide lines. Thanks.

Does anyone have a source for the adapter cable for non-OEM cameras that is cheaper than the £22 wanted on eBay?

95399582-1299-4478-B04E-3DC6EF19C12F.png

8 hours ago, Cragrat said:

After using the camera for a while I saw on another site that the Ford reversing camera screen should have 'Active Guide Lines' but not sure if this would apply to my 2014 Mk 7.5 Titanium X. I don't have these lines, does anyone with a reverse camera fitted at build have these lines on a car this age? I can zoom etc but no option on the display for active guide lines. Thanks.

Have you looked in the camera settings menu? If it is meant to have them then it will be an option to enable - along with camera delay I think

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Have you looked in the camera settings menu? If it is meant to have them then it will be an option to enable - along with camera delay I think

I don't seem have a camera settings menu.

Hi guys. I  finally decided to fit a 5 inch screen as i cannot find a solution with my 4,2 one.I want to ask if anybody knows the price of the display surround trim (new) and if i will need a support plastic (photo 2) for the screen.Thanks.

945f4ads-1920.jpg

s-l640.jpg

• 3 months later...

So...i ended up fitting a 5 inch screen and done the job perfectly. The conclusion is that you cannot retrofit a reversing camera in a 4.2 inch screen. Only if you have 4,2 inch with reversing sensors by factory like Cragrats fiesta.Thanks to Cragrat, Jonro2009, jace1969 and to all the guys here for your help!!!

20190618_173310.jpg

20190618_173320.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nasos73 said:

So...i ended up fitting a 5 inch screen and done the job perfectly. The conclusion is that you cannot retrofit a reversing camera in a 4.2 inch screen. Only if you have 4,2 inch with reversing sensors by factory like Cragrats fiesta.Thanks to Cragrat, Jonro2009, jace1969 and to all the guys here for your help!!!

20190618_173310.jpg

20190618_173320.jpg

Hard work paid off! Great job 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Is anybody still reading this thread, I've been reading it for a few days now (as well as a few others I've found online)

my 18 year old son has a 64 plate black edition, he wants a reverse camera, we have already upgraded the standard stereo to the Sony Sat nav with 5" mfd

our screen has the 4 pin green Rosenberger HSD  video input but no cable behind the dash as the car wasn't built with a camera

we bought a OEM ford camera and trim from eBay had it painted & fitted it to the car the camera came with the loom to go from the tailgate to the grey connector beside the rear left seatbelt.

I ripped out the existing loom as it did not have all the cables and it seemed easier to fit the new cable than add 3 extra wires

the camera itself has the 6 pin green connector that goes into the tailgate loom 3 of these wires I believe go to pins 9,10,11 of the grey connector but the coloured cables from 9,10,11 are missing from my build I've added pins to the car and run a new 6 core screened cable to the front, planning to use 2 for video to the HSD & one to the bcm

everything is programmed via forscan at the moment when reverse is engaged we get the camera screen but obviously its black

any help with the remaining connections is appreciated

does anybody have a photo of the hsd connections as I believe the camera video goes to pins 1 & 2 - 3 & 4 are not used. however there seems to be some conflict online as to which pins are actually 1 & 2  I wonder if some people are referring to solder pin views and others are looking down the face of the plug.

I

• 2 weeks later...

I have 14 wires from the front and after that connection there are 3 missing. What's that mean?

IMG_20190809_205158.jpg

IMG_20190809_205210.jpg

Hi Alan. If this is the plug behind the back seats on the left then you are missing the BCM line ,the 12 volt from the central junction box  and the earth line. You need to fit these wires from the plug to the camera through the tailgate door.You also have to fit another 3 wires from the screen to the camera. I'm talking about the factory camera...

• 5 months later...

Two question.

-The camera cable, is direct to the head unit or have any cuts, and where it pass.

-Where i can find the fakra adaptor for the lcd.

Its factory camera.