Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera

tark99

On 2/28/2018 at 5:49 PM, liamstears said:

Hey bud

It's really not that difficult although to really do it properly you do need to be able to use a soldering iron for the wiring

£500, wow that's not cheap

Shame your not closer down here I would do it for you for a lot cheaper than that lol

Where do you live - could you help with mine?

• 2 weeks later...

Tempted to get a reverse camera for my ST3 if it's not going to cost the earth (2015 built in March).

On 7/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, Nasos73 said:

So...i ended up fitting a 5 inch screen and done the job perfectly. The conclusion is that you cannot retrofit a reversing camera in a 4.2 inch screen. Only if you have 4,2 inch with reversing sensors by factory like Cragrats fiesta.Thanks to Cragrat, Jonro2009, jace1969 and to all the guys here for your help!!!

20190618_173310.jpg

20190618_173320.jpg

As i said before i have the same problem with the screen size and camera image it was pushing but mate i was ripping my hair out as i tried everything until i read a article on the internet and only found one saying this  ''make sure the camera is pushing the right image for the screen size'' dam i was happy i read that so might be a old post but all done.

I was so happy i brought 2 spare cameras as £12 each but not a A1 job as i had a whacking hole where the original one was so had to make it fit.

No prepared to pay £150+ for genuine again when i could get same result on a £12,it looks fine and you would not really tell as you only see the front part.

• 8 months later...
On 6/9/2018 at 9:22 PM, liamstears said:

Hey, let me know exactly what you need to know and I'll help you out as I have all the wiring diagrams etc, guessing yours is a face lift?

Fiesta Mk7.5 2014

Hi Liam, sorry for being direct but after I removed my headliner (well...lowered a few inches) to:

1. check how/where the cables were (just curious)
  2. insert the OEM cable loom in the tailgate for the backupcamera
  3. (other project) attach dampening/sound deadening to the car roof/ceiling

...I found out that the 3-wire cable for the video signal is nog there.

I used to have a chinese camera and put in some wiring myself.

My question: do you have the schematic or ford-code of the wire running from the front to the back? Hope you can help me.

• 3 months later...
On 7/31/2019 at 3:27 PM, haggishunter said:

Hi Guys,

Is anybody still reading this thread, I've been reading it for a few days now (as well as a few others I've found online)

my 18 year old son has a 64 plate black edition, he wants a reverse camera, we have already upgraded the standard stereo to the Sony Sat nav with 5" mfd

our screen has the 4 pin green Rosenberger HSD  video input but no cable behind the dash as the car wasn't built with a camera

we bought a OEM ford camera and trim from ebay had it painted & fitted it to the car the camera came with the loom to go from the tailgate to the grey connector beside the rear left seatbelt.

I ripped out the existing loom as it did not have all the cables and it seemed easier to fit the new cable than add 3 extra wires

the camera itself has the 6 pin green connector that goes into the tailgate loom 3 of these wires I believe go to pins 9,10,11 of the grey connector but the coloured cables from 9,10,11 are missing from my build I've added pins to the car and run a new 6 core screened cable to the front, planning to use 2 for video to the HSD & one to the bcm

everything is programmed via forscan at the moment when reverse is engaged we get the camera screen but obviously its black

any help with the remaining connections is appreciated

does anybody have a photo of the hsd connections as I believe the camera video goes to pins 1 & 2 - 3 & 4 are not used. however there seems to be some conflict online as to which pins are actually 1 & 2  I wonder if some people are referring to solder pin views and others are looking down the face of the plug.

I

Hi @haggishunter,

How did you go with the reverse camera? I have done the exact same thing. Fitted the 5"MFD with SatNav Stereo and factory reverse camera. I have only the Green plug on the camera and no further wiring. 

Also, what about the AUX Line-In? Did you loose that capability when switching to the SatNav unit? I am thinking that you can keep it but its a feature enabled in Forscan.

reverse_camera_6pin_plug.jpg

reverse_camera_wire.jpg

2014_AUX_Port.jpg

2017_AUX_Port.jpg

Looks like you’ve changed the centre console too

i changed mine but retained the part with the 3.5 aux socket 

not sure why this would be affected by fitting nav it’s connected to sync

On 3/15/2021 at 12:23 AM, Lewie226 said:

Looks like you’ve changed the centre console too

i changed mine but retained the part with the 3.5 aux socket 

not sure why this would be affected by fitting nav it’s connected to sync

Actually I didn't end up changing it. I left the original 2014 centre console with 3.5 AUX and it works with the SYNC 1 SatNav stereo. 

• 2 months later...

I've just got a 2014 ST3! I would love to give this car front & rear sensors and a reverse camera but really having read all this I'm still unsure where to start. UK car. 

• 4 months later...

Hello!

I want to mount a OEM reverse camera on my 2014 Fiesta. I have bought the trim piece and the harness, but I have some questions.

In the 6 pins black connector from camera I have wires from 1-6 (brown, green, yellow, white, grey and black); all these wires goes to the green one (a 7 pins connector, 6 are used), but on that one the pins are not listed and I don't know the order. Do you have any info about this green connector, the pins order or the signals based on the color of the wires? In the wiring diagram that I have I don't find the same logic of the wires.

I know all the wires that I need to rewire from C410 (pins 9, 10, 11) and directly from rear display green fakra (pins 2, 3, 4), but I don't know how to connect these wires to the green connector from camera harness.

Camera Fiesta.jpeg

On 10/25/2021 at 11:45 PM, Andrei28 said:

Hello!

I want to mount a OEM reverse camera on my 2014 Fiesta. I have bought the trim piece and the harness, but I have some questions.

In the 6 pins black connector from camera I have wires from 1-6 (brown, green, yellow, white, grey and black); all these wires goes to the green one (a 7 pins connector, 6 are used), but on that one the pins are not listed and I don't know the order. Do you have any info about this green connector, the pins order or the signals based on the color of the wires? In the wiring diagram that I have I don't find the same logic of the wires.

I know all the wires that I need to rewire from C410 (pins 9, 10, 11) and directly from rear display green fakra (pins 2, 3, 4), but I don't know how to connect these wires to the green connector from camera harness.

Camera Fiesta.jpeg

Hello!

I return with another diagram of the rear harness that I made, for me, something is not logical.

If I follow the wiring diagram, on black connector on camera pin 1 -> +, pin 5 -> GND, pin 2 -> LIN. That means:

Camera black connector:

Pin 1 (brown wire) -> C410 pin 10 (+);

Pin 2 (green wire) -> C410 pin 11 (LIN);

Pin 5 (grey wire) -> C410 pin 9 (GND).

For the rest of the wires (I will mention C406 as traceability of the path):

Pin 3 (yellow wire) -> C406 pin 1 -> C2123B pin 4 (Signal -);

Pin 4 (white/blue wire) -> C406 pin 2 -> C2123B pin 2 (Signal +);

Pin 6 (black wire) -> C406 pin 3 -> C2123B pin 3 (Shield).

I know for sure that the black wire is connected to shield, but for the rest of the wires I'm not sure that this is the right path. Is ok my understanding from above?

Maybe someone can help me with some explanations or send me some photos from their harnesses on the trunk.

Below is a diagram of the real harness of camera that I have, I need answers for the yellow tabs.

Thank you!

camera diagram.PNG

cablaj 1.jpg

cablaj 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have mounted the OEM camera to my Fiesta, I found some details from some people on a Dutch forum I think. 
For your info, I used a 2 wires cable with shiled (used for microphones) and anoher 3 wires with 0.5 mm^2. I have bought another 2 (aviator connectors I think) 3 ways connectors that I used in the boot to connect the cables. From FCDIM socked I go directly to a 3 way connector (I didn’t use C248 and C237). Maybe someone will need some instructions, so I let a diagram that I made to help me understand better the path to the camera. 
*Some correction:

- pin 4 from camera have a white wire, I draw a blue one to see better;

- the microfone cable have blue and white wires, I draw a black and red ones (I thought that the wire will have these colours);

- I removed 9, 10 & 11 pins from C410 and I use some mother terminals to the cables that goes to camera and a shrink tube;

I will return with some images from camera. The only thing that not work are the dynamic lines, in rest I have zoom (3 levels), the guide lines (on/off) and the close button. There is another line where I think it should be the park pilot, but I don’t have it.

If someone can show me what I need to update in UCDS or another tool for dynamic lines, I’ll appreciate.

E7C4AFD0-5E91-4785-BBC3-5E594CA799F7.png

DD11E251-0BAE-46B2-85B2-AC2FCF4AD88B.jpeg

42F35C43-4929-4224-B501-12A7F7DBCF32.jpeg

4C476308-4525-49CE-9EBE-1390FED3B505.jpeg

3B3DBA08-5749-4E3A-B20C-E69CDF75CA0C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2018 at 11:02 PM, liamstears said:

This is your video feed, if it's not there it needs adding

Any idea what this cable is called?

On 3/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, phez said:

Hi @haggishunter,

How did you go with the reverse camera? I have done the exact same thing. Fitted the 5"MFD with SatNav Stereo and factory reverse camera. I have only the Green plug on the camera and no further wiring. 

Also, what about the AUX Line-In? Did you loose that capability when switching to the SatNav unit? I am thinking that you can keep it but its a feature enabled in Forscan.

Did you ever sort this out? Same problem here

• 10 months later...

Hi all followed this and have upgraded from Sony dab with 3.5 camera to Sony nav with 5” camera. Thanks to Andrei28 I’ve got the camera wired correctly and working.

only problems I have is the navigation says no gps after 5 minutes or so. Under advanced it says gps location cannot be established.

2nd prob the camera lines all work (boxes, lines and black turn bar) but after ignition cycle they go of and have to press button again to get them back. Is this normal?

Hope someone can help

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club