Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time needed to install a clutch pack

Usinspain

Hello everybody my car focus 2014 titanium automatic has been in ford garage for 2 full days to have a clutch pack installed they said would take 2 days, they called today to inform me that it is going to be another 2 days that cannot be correct can it ??

thank you all

Maybe they have had to send it away to get it repaired.

No i have spoken to them they have got the pack but not yet fitted it so if i can find out what is fitting approx then i can ask why we have been without a car for 2 days sat on there carpark, surely we the customers must get some good service from a company like fords

In that case I would be asking for some sort of a goodwill gesture from them. Did they give you a courtesy car.

Definitely  Courtesy a Car  and ask to speak to the service manager and ask why a 2 day job ids now 4 days

I am certainly going to question Darren the service manager but I do not expect any joy from Ford staff

I did not get offered a courtesy car did not know I could have one until yesterday when staff member called me to tell me about extra 2 day wait , and then she said I would have to have  given them 2 weeks notice for a courtesy car. I then asked her to confirm my car was with Ford motor company not Skoda, I bought the car in September 2017 been nothing but trouble and the service is really bad I think this will be last time I use Fords

16 hours ago, Usinspain said:

No i have spoken to them they have got the pack but not yet fitted it so if i can find out what is fitting approx then i can ask why we have been without a car for 2 days sat on there carpark, surely we the customers must get some good service from a company like fords

Ford aren't doing the work - the dealer is.  Why don't you just ask them what is causing the delay?  Was it pre-booked for the work, or was it a breakdown?

• Like 1

Fitting the new clutch pack alone takes about an hour, then refit box hour and half, relearn clutch pack and road-test 45 minutes.

Hello

Not sure what you mean the place I bought it from is  Trustfords it has been into them 4 times because it juddered when I pulled away worse when engine got hot they kept saying it was normal to judder a little then last thursday had a technician come out with me pulled away and he said straight away clutch pack needed booked it in last thursday to be fitted tuesday this week they told me 2 days

Have you asked them the reason for the delay?

not given me yet a reason for delay only given me a reason as to why the car will not be ready now until Monday they need a seal for the clutch cannot get one anywhere due to weather conditions , I have asked now for a courtesy car and its looks as though I might get one.

What would you do if this was your car any advice welcome

Thank you

2 hours ago, Usinspain said:

not given me yet a reason for delay only given me a reason as to why the car will not be ready now until Monday they need a seal for the clutch cannot get one anywhere due to weather conditions , I have asked now for a courtesy car and its looks as though I might get one.

What would you do if this was your car any advice welcome

Thank you

i would have thought the 2 input shaft seals should have been ordered at same time as clutch pack. is it being done under warranty?

• Like 1

Hello Yes this repair was under warranty luckily when I bought the car in September 2017 I did not have a car to put in part exchange so they gave me a further 12 months warranty on top of the 3 months you get on a second hand car, otherwise I would have had a big bill.

I collected the car yesterday afternoon after 7 days in there garage and the car is now a different car so smooth when starting off they must have known it was not right had at least 4 guys road test it, I managed to get a courtesy car off them Saturday morning.

Asked the manager for a report on why it took so long but I do not think they are very interested I really get the impression the customer is just a problem its no wonder people are buying foreign cars

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club