Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maps update

gillyallan

I phoned a ford dealer there and although due to weather there were no techs in. He said there is a new map update out March. Anyone know more about it?

I've just bought a focus tit navigation (2017) with sync 3 and a bit annoyed the current maps are so outdated.

Also, anyone know the charge ?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I phoned a ford dealer there and although due to weather there were no techs in. He said there is a new map update out March. Anyone know more about it?
I've just bought a focus tit navigation (2017) with sync 3 and a bit annoyed the current maps are so outdated.
Also, anyone know the charge ?
Thanks.

Another thing. Does traffic work as standard on it or do you have to go to menu and actually click traffic each time ?

Mate got a brand new mondeo built Nov 2015 and its mapping was older than that on my sisters 2013 focus and postcodes were more out of date then a nokia phone running maps from 2010

an utter joke, he was supposed to pick me up from a main street in London that's been there at least 40 years and it would locate it by postcode but my sister's would

Went into a ford dealer today to ask about this and an actual tech came out to my car. He rekoned a map update would be about July as they've had notification of it coming. Also said my car should get them via wifi.
Time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

i cant see it being via wifi, its 14gb of data. 

Well I hope it is as don't have a computer.
I'm not really sure what that size has to do with it as 14gb via a computer on wifi or the car on wifi. It's not like the car is using a lower end of mobile network.
Hopefully both are an option.

takes over an hour to upload to sync via usb, and it flattens battery unless engine running or battery support unit connected.

• Like 1

Fair enough but sounds like sync 3 works on a resumeable download, so potentially could download a little each time til it gets it all. Once it's done that it would alert you and install in the background.

I might just be clutching at straws though lol

for some odd reason transits with sync 3 doesnt come with map data from the factory and needs installing at pdi via usb stick,  a right royal pain in the ***** to load up! esp when theres rows of them to do. 

I'm still a little confused with traffic on my sync 3 sat nav. It's not overly busy here but does traffic only actually show if you are using the ford pass app or does it somehow work on its own? Ie either a dedicated sim in car or so long as my phone is connected via bluetooth

Traffic works on its own for me. Picks up from the Radio Traffic Announcements. Not prefect. Have had Nav tell me its re-routing due to traffic

Traffic works on its own for me. Picks up from the Radio Traffic Announcements. Not prefect. Have had Nav tell me its re-routing due to traffic
That seems odd. Not heard of that one before.

I'm definitely seeing live traffic only works via ford pass and your sub is for 3 years from new.
This shows you busy roads on your journey by colour coding the roads and with little yellow cars to signify hold up junctions.
The other thing with reported road issues may well work out with this. Haven't quite sussed how that works though.

Have FordPass running in the background while in the car and it will show live updates on the map (if it has been notified to the Highways Agency).
Mine showed a major hold up and rtc affecting both carriageways on the M5 just before Bridgewater a couple of weeks back.
A Fiesta going southbound had spun and hit the armco barriers scattering debris into the northbound carriageway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've sometimes got to mess about getting ford pass to appear in the car. I think probably more down to my phone though.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, iantt said:

for some odd reason transits with sync 3 doesnt come with map data from the factory and needs installing at pdi via usb stick,  a right royal pain in the ***** to load up! esp when theres rows of them to do. 

The experimental version of SYNC3, the 3.2 version comes with a new partitioning along with separate packages for navigation maps - EU_common, EU East, EU_west, UK and Ireland...
So i think this upcoming change is actually a preparation for the Wifi maps update? So it will not download and install the whole EU database, but only the one you are currently located in?

We will see alter but it makes sense, if ford will really allow map updates via wifi.

Hope they do. Love my nav but hate so many roads around here aren't on it. Makes me concerned for venturing into areas I don't know.

3 hours ago, Bannko said:

The experimental version of SYNC3, the 3.2 version comes with a new partitioning along with separate packages for navigation maps - EU_common, EU East, EU_west, UK and Ireland...
So i think this upcoming change is actually a preparation for the Wifi maps update? So it will not download and install the whole EU database, but only the one you are currently located in?

We will see alter but it makes sense, if ford will really allow map updates via wifi.

its build 17109 im having update issues with. 

With the chat of ford going to support waze. Is this only through apps or are new cars going to come supplied with waze maps also if you have nav?
If that's the case do you know if current cars will get updated over to waze from here maps or if we're stuck with here ?

The F7 version of maps for SYNC3 are now available. The F6.1 version had a lot of bugs showing speed limits. The F7 should correct all this. 

Don't have them just passing info from foreign forums.

Anyone at the factories been told of f7 ? Lol

idk where those guys get them so quickly or at least the info that they are available. I am just downloading them, probably will install it later this week.

The map file is: JR3T-14G421-BC

What's the F Significance?
I thought that was to do with sd cards ?
Maybe have wrong end of stick.