Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maps update

gillyallan

idk where those guys get them so quickly or at least the info that they are available. I am just downloading them, probably will install it later this week.
The map file is: JR3T-14G421-BC
Where do u get them from?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

My current maps are EU 4 15.
I presume that everyone is on that in UK or EURO.
Be interesting to see when officially it reaches UK, tough a ford garage tech said he expected July to me a while back.
Bloomin annoying buying in built sat nav then finding the map updates are so poor.
Yes, I'm also very impatient.

1 hour ago, gillyallan said:

My current maps are EU 4 15.
I presume that everyone is on that in UK or EURO.
Be interesting to see when officially it reaches UK, tough a ford garage tech said he expected July to me a while back.
Bloomin annoying buying in built sat nav then finding the map updates are so poor.
Yes, I'm also very impatient.

Yep looks like July, what pisses me off is that Ford customer services think it's ok to have out of date maps as people use 3rd party apps, that's not why I got built in satnav

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Bannko said:

idk where those guys get them so quickly or at least the info that they are available. I am just downloading them, probably will install it later this week.

The map file is: JR3T-14G421-BC

Is it possible to install just the map file or does have to be installed the language and licence files also?   

@Metalzoneyou have to install it in two waves. License is needed and works only for v3.0+ (will not work on older versions e.g. 2.2, 2.3)

1. wave : license + maps

2. wave: voices.

So. ..the next update will move me to wave then and not here maps?

Brill if that's the case.

Edit...Sorry thinking waze there.....doh

3 hours ago, Bannko said:

@Metalzoneyou have to install it in two waves. License is needed and works only for v3.0+ (will not work on older versions e.g. 2.2, 2.3)

1. wave : license + maps

2. wave: voices.

Thanks Bannko,

Something like this, for the first wave?(I believe that those are the most recente files...)

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]

Item1 = License
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G424-BC_110777.tar.gz
Item2 = Maps F7
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz

Options = Delay,AutoInstall

And, this for the language pack?

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]

Item1 = Language pack
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz

Options = Delay,AutoInstall

So..Did your 2 sat navs update ok to this latest f7 and around your area is it noticeably updated?

I don't fancy taking that one but if they went ok I've got everything crossed that official release is soon.

So..Did your 2 sat navs update ok to this latest f7 and around your area is it noticeably updated?

I don't fancy taking that one but if they went ok I've got everything crossed that official release is soon.

I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know, as soon as i do. Only did the first part yesterday. 

DSC_0150.JPG

Sorry for a late reply but as i see you did it without my confirmation :)

I've been looking most days on the sync/map update site by puting vin in. Today, the site keeps saying to try later after doing this.

My hope is they are preparing it for updates but could be clutching at straws again.

Normally it would say I'm up to date since getting the 3.0 update.

When i try to install the language pack , i got this error:

DSC_0151.jpg

Despite that, the navigation seems to work fine. Gives the right voice instructions, receive the voice commands...

Is there any way to install the language pack?

On 20/03/2018 at 9:54 AM, gillyallan said:

What's the F Significance?
I thought that was to do with sd cards ?
Maybe have wrong end of stick.

F is the reference code for the region I guess. The american's SD cards and Sync 3 maps are A if my memory serves me correctly.

Mine say EU 4 15

@Metalzone happend to me also. Worked with the third different USB, lol. But each time i downloaded it again.

2 hours ago, Bannko said:

@Metalzone happend to me also. Worked with the third different USB, lol. But each time i downloaded it again.

Ok, i'll try that later. 

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Bannko said:

Just like you said Bannko, i got it done with another USB. Thanks.

How were the new maps?

Still checking daily myself for official UK release [emoji848]

4 hours ago, gillyallan said:

How were the new maps?

Still checking daily myself for official UK release emoji848.png

Can't say that I've noticed any difference so far... Don't know if it's Just a coincidence, but, i was able to see traffic status for the first time, after the new maps installation and having the Ford pass app installed on my phone. 

Mine definitely shows traffic with Ford pass on 4.15 or whatever it is.
I've recently tried Sygic, Waze and Google maps on it and all 3 have far more updated maps. I'm just not overly keen on android auto as it doesn't always load for some reason. The Sygic one does work but is a smaller map and again only works if plugged in via USB.
For such a big company its pretty poor to be honest, and although, yeah there are bigger problems out there, they really should get thier act together.
Not sure if other car manufacturers are any better and if this is just what you suffer by paying extra for the covienience and neatness of in in built Sat nav.
My ideal scenario is if they really do convert over to changing me to Waze as it is really good and I'd forgive the delay.

Mine definitely shows traffic with Ford pass on 4.15 or whatever it is.
I've recently tried Sygic, Waze and Google maps on it and all 3 have far more updated maps. I'm just not overly keen on android auto as it doesn't always load for some reason. The Sygic one does work but is a smaller map and again only works if plugged in via USB.
For such a big company its pretty poor to be honest, and although, yeah there are bigger problems out there, they really should get thier act together.
Not sure if other car manufacturers are any better and if this is just what you suffer by paying extra for the covienience and neatness of in in built Sat nav.
My ideal scenario is if they really do convert over to changing me to Waze as it is really good and I'd forgive the delay.

Do any of the apps integrate with the line of sight dash display to show next nav event  like the Ford nav does ?

Ford provides a link to Here for sending info about changes so I don't get why it doesn't allow updates via Here like other manufacturers.

No I don't think they interact with the dash display, though I'm not sure I actually set a route on the sygic one. The Ford one is great other than lack of updates.

23 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

No I don't think they interact with the dash display, though I'm not sure I actually set a route on the sygic one. The Ford one is great other than lack of updates.

Cheers.

I agree about the Ford version. Having used Apple CarPlay I prefer the Ford version, but share the frustration about updates.