Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine malfunction after driving in snow

scatty1

I have a Fiesta zetec s, 62 plate, 1.6 diesel. I drove home from work today through snow drifts, nothing too deep but still bad. The car has previously had no problems but all of a sudden it flashed up on the dash 'engine malfunction, service required'. The orange spanner came up on the dash by the Speedo and then it lost power and came to a stop. I turned the engine off and on again and the message went away. Then it happened again, a few times, before I got home. I left it for a bit when i got home then let it run for 10 mins on the drive and took it on a short trip and it did it again. 

I am waiting for my mechanic to get back to me but anyone had anything similar? 

I can't even get it to a garage at the minute with the state of the roads.

You've gone into limp home mode. An obd2 scanner may bring up a logged fault code. I wouldn't drive it as it is, the limp home mode is there so you don't damage the engine.

Snow blocking the radiator or air intake?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club