Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Windscreen Washers

TomsFocus

my zetec has low fluid warning. 

8 hours ago, andypsp said:

there has been many comment on the halfords site about the strength of the pre-mix screenwash. but i would rather not pay for the water lol, b&m shops do 1ltr rac (brand) concentrate cherry £1.49 or normal blue £1.29. my focus is 2012 titanium x. but i`m pretty sure most cars have the low water warning on them

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/diy/car-care/winter-car-care

5 litres of berry costs £3.38 on trade, so cheaper than 5 litres of that concentrate, even at 50:50 mix lol...  I don't mind paying for water when it works out better value. :biggrin: 

Your TX will have xenons so has headlight washers, the 4.5 litre bottle and the low level sensors.  Most cars do have the warning, in fact my 2002 Golfs did even, but as usual Ford are late to the party lol.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

my zetec has low fluid warning. 

Hmm, unless the changed the location of the level sensor on the bottle, mine doesn't.  :unsure: 

It's very obviously on the 'front' here - 

But mine doesn't have anything there on the pic with bumper off here

Yeah low fluid warning on my Ti. I think heated jets come on automatically at temp, or when rear window demister is on.

Tbh didn't read the rest of the thread so don't know if this was already answered :blush:

Sorry for if this sounds a silly question but what's the difference between the Cherry and normal blue screenwash?

9 minutes ago, Toonami said:

Sorry for if this sounds a silly question but what's the difference between the Cherry and normal blue screenwash?

The freeze protection.  Blue is -7c, cherry is -15c.  And of course the smell... :wink: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toonami said:

it`s the smell of the screen wash, lots of scents to pick from these days.... cola, bubblegum, cherry, apple etc

On 02/03/2018 at 7:57 PM, TomsFocus said:

It holds 3 litres without headlight washers, 4.5 litres with headlight washers.

It wasn't -10 yesterday, so the berry should be fine.  Interesting thing about the Halfords is that's its the same stuff in both bottles...  The berry concentrate is only -10 when undiluted...  The premixed  berry is also -10...  It's a marketing gimic, 'premixed' is cheaper for the same strength. :wink:

I know the cherry is -15 but there's no chance of that here so it's not worth the extra cost for me.

I've been using halford's mixes for years and have found the premixed stuff not to live up to even near its recommended strength. So long as the temperatures are in plus figures I'll stick pretty much anything in it so long as it smells nice.

However as soon as the temps drop to below freezing I find the pre mix washes are much more prone to freezing early, regardless of the flavour. I'll buy the concentrated berry mix if the cold snap isn't too bad (0 to -5) but any lower I buy the concentrated green stuff. That has only ever started to freeze on me at -17

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

I've been using halford's mixes for years and have found the premixed stuff not to live up to even near its recommended strength. So long as the temperatures are in plus figures I'll stick pretty much anything in it so long as it smells nice.

However as soon as the temps drop to below freezing I find the pre mix washes are much more prone to freezing early, regardless of the flavour. I'll buy the concentrated berry mix if the cold snap isn't too bad (0 to -5) but any lower I buy the concentrated green stuff. That has only ever started to freeze on me at -17

That's interesting to know, I wonder if the specific gravity can be tested like coolant can to check protection level?  I am just going off the labels but I've not had it freeze so far and been using it for years.  There's absolutely no chance of -17 here in Suffolk, -3 is about the lowest it gets normally though I did see -6 this week, so -10 protection should be more than enough for me as long as it's true.

Had the bumper off today to sort the AC.

Can confirm there is no level sensor on the 2012 Titanium.  The wiring isn't even there for it unfortunately.  :sad:

IMG_20180306_100936968_HDR.thumb.jpg.eaac547aa7f105d4b1a03fd6c8ec2c0e.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club