Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internal locking?

AbbieS

Total noob query.. well two actually.  I did ask these on the official Ford FB page and got crickets.......

On my old car I could internally lock it, either when I was alone driving, or when I left my dogs to grab a pint of milk.  On my Focus however I cannot for the life of me find out how to do it.  I watched videos, read the manual (obviously) and they all say that I should be able to press a button just in front of my door handle  

I have a piece of plastic there and no locks.  So, question... Am I looking in the right place?  Is there a way (If I am) to put the lock in)  

I know it sounds pathetic but I do not feel safe without being able to lock myself in when in the city.

-------

Secondly, does anyone have a guesstimate of how much a foldable central locking key would be?  I got one with stiff buttons and it does not fold.  Hate it.  I do have the codes for a new one

Thank you for any help and do not laugh at the silly questions TOO loud

8 hours ago, AbbieS said:

Total noob query.. well two actually.  I did ask these on the official Ford FB page and got crickets.......

On my old car I could internally lock it, either when I was alone driving, or when I left my dogs to grab a pint of milk.  On my Focus however I cannot for the life of me find out how to do it.  I watched videos, read the manual (obviously) and they all say that I should be able to press a button just in front of my door handle  

I have a piece of plastic there and no locks.  So, question... Am I looking in the right place?  Is there a way (If I am) to put the lock in)  

I know it sounds pathetic but I do not feel safe without being able to lock myself in when in the city.

-------

Secondly, does anyone have a guesstimate of how much a foldable central locking key would be?  I got one with stiff buttons and it does not fold.  Hate it.  I do have the codes for a new one

Thank you for any help and do not laugh at the silly questions TOO loud

The handle you pull to open the door, can that be pushed in to lock the doors? I've had some cars like that.

If it's the same as the facelift, you push the silver button just above the pivot of the handle to lock it.

Key will cost over £100 for Ford to programme, better off asking for quotes of independent locksmiths.

IMG_20170120_144943553_LI.thumb.jpg.5357e99a6606089f8bee4997e4eda881.jpg

I'll check today.  Not even looked above.

Thanks for the advice about the key!

Thanks for the advice about the key!

I found the lock!!!  People kept telling me it was that black bit in front but I've nothing there. It is the silver bit!!! Thank you so much.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club