Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sudden white smoke

zain611

Hey everyone, 

So today my dad took my car out and gave it a good run and noticed he saw a little puff of white smoke when we booted it coming off the motorway. I saw him looking at the engine and that's when he told me about seeing the white smoke. He said he only saw it then and it hasn't come again plus the car drives faultless; no odd noises or power loss etc. He didn't see any problem in the engine. 

Just thought might get others opinions. The weather has warmed up to 10 degrees finally. I also haven't been driving fast or booting it this past week due to the cold weather and snow. The car wasn't able to fully warm up when it was really cold so couldn't boot it. 

It's just the damp weather today, mine was the same this morning. :smile: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It's just the damp weather today, mine was the same this morning. :smile: 

I hope so Tom 👍. Its gone a lot warmer than a few days ago so hopefully can give the car a good run and let it warm up this week. The temperature gauge never got to the middle when it was 0 degrees so couldn't boot it for the past week. 

No matter how cold it's been, my temperature gauge has always got the the normal place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobr said:

No matter how cold it's been, my temperature gauge has always got the the normal place.

It depends on the journeys you take. I don't really drive a lot on the motorway to warm the engine up quicker. When it was -2 to 0 degrees I noticed after the minimum mark it would take slower to warm up. Thankfully now it's gone a lot warmer so wouldn't take as long to warm up :smile: