Do Not Sell My Personal Information

recalibrate speedo

AlexBartlam

hi all im after some newish alloys to swap for my second set i was diy restoring, but i cant find any decent ones in 16 inch diameter, but loads are popping up at 17 inch, how easy or cheap would it be to recal the speedo, or just not bother and wait till some pop up.

thanks.

You might find the rolling radius is almost identical with the lower profile tyres on the 17s so not an issue.

I done it on the Focus with FoCCCus software in 2 minutes but not sure if there's an equivalent for the Fiesta yet.

ah right, not sure i want to go lower profile than i already have.

With an inch more rim you need to lose around an inch of tyre sidewall otherwise you'll get rubbing issues as well as speedo issues.  The OE 17s are all lower profile than the 16s.

Reduced comfort is the price you pay for better looks unfortunately.

• Like 1

You might end up with clearance issues if you alter the overall diameter. The factory 17's already have steering rack limiters fitted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

You might end up with clearance issues if you alter the overall diameter. The factory 17's already have steering rack limiters fitted.

That's due to width/depth of the wheel. I.e. how far in to the arch it goes.

Ford nearly always have wider tyres and alloys for the largest OEM size.

Forscan has options to adjust wheel size and rolling circumference not sure if this will calibrate the speedo but may be worth looking into.

was looking to have some with a slight off set that could compensate for the extra circumference, what tyres would i need if i have 195/45/16 now what could hight would have to go to for 17's

57 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

was looking to have some with a slight off set that could compensate for the extra circumference, what tyres would i need if i have 195/45/16 now what could hight would have to go to for 17's

Oem Fiesta alloys (from an ST or Zetec-s)? They use 205/40/r17. Use this website to compare current vs new tyre sizes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club