Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Camera that plugs into cig lighter? Bluetooth?q

shiwarrior

Hey all

No idea if this is at all possible, but i know that a few people on here got something like this fitted :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rover-Rear-Backup-Camera-Focus/dp/B0154O27FC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520273197&sr=8-2&keywords=ford+focus+reversing+camera

but is there one that plugs into the cig lighter for its power as I do not want to cut any wires ?

also want it with bluetooth to sync to my phone, as i don't want to add a screen in the car 

any ideas guys ?

just scotch lock it to the reversing light wiring not sure about bluetooth as ours is connected to the Android radio/cd unit

thanks for your reply

so from what i can understand as im no DIYer , I have never heard of this "Scotch Lock" before, am I right in thinking this will make it easier to join the wires rather than cutting and stripping myself ?  its basically saves me doing it, but im still cutting the wire ?

I wont be keeping the car as i want to get a Mk 3 in a few years

yes i have googled it already thanks

Scotchloks basically cut the insulation and make a connection to both wires via a metal "M" piece. If they're sized correctly, they don't normally damage the wire itself and make a reasonable low-current connection.

As for viewing video on your phone - this is probably something you could bodge together but would no doubt cost more than just buying a small 4.3" screen off eBay (£10ish) and hiding it away somewhere.

ok thanks, could you link to a screen I could possible use ? (so i can get an idea)

thanks for your help

Just search "4.3" tft" on eBay, you will find various screens £8-20ish. Some come wth cameras, some without.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club