Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost acceleration power- Mondeo Titanium

Hudz2017

Hi everyone. I have a 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium. A few days ago I was driving on a dual carriageway at around 60mph. I was accelerating to 70 and all of a sudden the pull from the engine changed. When I was putting my foot down on the accelerator further the car seemed to make noise but not produce much more power. My car has not had the same pull since this day.

When I am driving around town at speeds of around 30mph the pull is good and it sounds like the turbo is boosting, however that changes when driving at higher speeds when the engine revs go above about 2500. The power loss is between 2500 and 3000 revs. There is no smoke coming from the car. What do you guys think this issue could be? Could this be as simple as a fuel filter? Thanks in advance, Carl

Worn out clutch? Have you done a lot of miles on the current clutch?

No i haven't really done a lot of miles. I went to a garage to get the clutch checked and they said it seemed fine. I'm going to change the fuel filter just incase it is clogged up

15 hours ago, Hudz2017 said:

Hi everyone. I have a 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium. A few days ago I was driving on a dual carriageway at around 60mph. I was accelerating to 70 and all of a sudden the pull from the engine changed. When I was putting my foot down on the accelerator further the car seemed to make noise but not produce much more power. My car has not had the same pull since this day.

When I am driving around town at speeds of around 30mph the pull is good and it sounds like the turbo is boosting, however that changes when driving at higher speeds when the engine revs go above about 2500. The power loss is between 2500 and 3000 revs. There is no smoke coming from the car. What do you guys think this issue could be? Could this be as simple as a fuel filter? Thanks in advance, Carl

It may be the fuel filter but you need to get the fault codes read you can do it yourself with https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx and Forscan wihich is a free download from here http://www.forscan.org/download.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club