Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault code car failed to start

franko77kool

Can anyone decode this test code please? There was only one code. Its a Mk3 1.6 tdci and it failed to start or even turn over other day and engine malfunction service now popped up. Tried it about 6 times. I then left it alone for about 5 mins and then it started right up. Ive only drove it once since then and it was fine... 

IMG-20180306-WA0000.jpg

found info on another site may have something to do with blocked fuel filter. may be worth fitting new fuel filter if your not sure when it was last changed. should be done every few yrs ;-)

• Confused 1

Thats weird! Had a new fuel filter fitted last thursday :unsure:

Those aren't engine fault codes, they're just for the dash clocks.  

Needs to be plugged in to find the proper codes.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, franko77kool said:

Thats weird! Had a new fuel filter fitted last thursday :unsure:

did you have the error pop-up before the filter was changed or after.

or as tom has said in the post above have you had a code reader hooked up to scan for codes

Filter fitted last thursday and the non start and error was on sunday afternoon, id done about 100 mile on the new filter by the sunday. 

I haven't bought a scanner yet but theres a few on amazon for 20 quid thats modified, ive read i need a modified one, never used a scanner before or the forscan software

Just jumped in car there and went through the test mode again, got to battery info and it says 11.6v. Isn't that low? Thats with engine off, i dont even know if you can get into test mode with engine running :confused1:, yep i know nowt!

32 minutes ago, franko77kool said:

Filter fitted last thursday and the non start and error was on sunday afternoon, id done about 100 mile on the new filter by the sunday. 

I haven't bought a scanner yet but theres a few on amazon for 20 quid thats modified, ive read i need a modified one, never used a scanner before or the forscan software

i got a code reader from eBay last yr works a treat on cars i have used it on £18 eBay item number:151483639541

not sure about the battery info

• Thanks 1

Thanks andy i will have a look at that one then! Im not too sure either, just have it in my head from over the yrs that a car battery should be over 12v and when on a running car it should be over 14. Dunno if that is across the board on cars these days though. Im not ar:censored:ed if i need a new battery like i will just get one, i can imagine its the same one from new anyway, 63 reg.

14 minutes ago, franko77kool said:

Thanks andy i will have a look at that one then! Im not too sure either, just have it in my head from over the yrs that a car battery should be over 12v and when on a running car it should be over 14. Dunno if that is across the board on cars these days though. Im not ar:censored:ed if i need a new battery like i will just get one, i can imagine its the same one from new anyway, 63 reg.

if your car has start/stop etc a new battery is around £150+ 

• Sad 1

AYE its got start stop. 150 notes for a battery. I best get that scanner bought instead of guessing i suppose m8

always useful to have a code reader. if you still have problems starting many garages will do a free battery check to see if its on the way out etc

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club