Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit Connect Indicators problem

barrygadd2003

I've just joined the club and hope I have posted this in the right area.

My 2005 Transit Connect TDCI (common rail) water pump failed and I had a tricky time removing the engine mount support bracket from the side of the engine (3 bolts removed ok 4th totally corroded in the Ali casting) Finally cut the beast into several pieces and replaced the bracket and fitted the pump. Job done.

I now have a new problem where the indicators will not function. The arm/stalk does move as per normal and locates properly as it should and the green dashboard indicator lamp remains on and does not blink.The emergency flashers work fine. I removed the flasher relay and tidied up around that area then reconnected the battery and the indicators worked fine.I took the van for a drive and the indicators packed up after using a couple of times.

I'm at a loss as to what to check next.  I believe my 2005 Connect uses the flasher relay in the older style way and later models use the EMU to control the indicators (is this correct?) Has anybody seen this problem before?  Any help would be much appreciated. (nb the Haynes Manual isn't very helpful with this problem)  Does anybody have a wiring diagram that I could access?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club