Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad smell inside car!

KirstyT

Hi there. I wonder if anyone can advise. After being stuck on a hill in traffic for about an hour last Friday (heavy snow) my car started to smell badly so I parked up and left the car overnight. I realised that I had had some food in the footwell at the time the heating was on and directed via the foot wells so put the smell down to warm food but 5 days on the smell is still pretty awful and I’m concerned there’s a serious problem.  The smell isn’t diesel fumes, or rotten eggs - just a smell that is lingering.  I’ve tried turning the internal heating system off which doesn’t seem to help. My other half says he can smell it (albeit not as strong) when he lifts the bonnet.   The car had a full service approx 3 weeks ago.  Can anyone suggest ideas as to what it might be? TIA

Burnt clutch plates possibly?

That or a wet & dirty pollen filter in the aircon system.

Try a vent applied aircon cleaner spray and see if that helps.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-cleaning-accessories/car-interior-cleaners/air-con-cleaner/?555770350&0&cc5_101

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club