Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Recommendations

EddyOS

Hey guys,

So, turns out my battery is shot so I need to get a new one. I've heard that silver calcium batteries are the ones to go for, but is it better to spend a bit more and get a 'name' brand or will anything do the job as long as it's the right spec?

And on the topic of spec, the user handbook is next to useless so which would be right for the 2.0l Duratec HE petrol engine? I've seen two BHP versions of this engine (140 and 145), but the official spec of mine is 142 so that also doesn't help!

TIA

Go to eurocarparts and put in your reg and it will list everything you need.

Stay away from those crap lion batteries that euros sell. Bosch are popular amongst forum users on here. I also use Bosch batteries.  

• Like 1

ECP isn't all that accurate unfortunately.

You'll be looking at 60AH/600CCA or close to that for your car.  Yes, needs to be silver calcium, stick to a decent brand with a good warranty.

If you've got your V5 (log book) handy, it'll state the engine power in kilowatts which can be converted to bhp.  Yours is likely to be the 140ps version though.

• Like 1

I had seen the Bosch ones so was looking at them initially. Looks like a good choice.

Just checked on ETIS and it's the 145PS engine apparently, didn't think to check that this morning!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YOG said:

The VARTA D21 (075) is £72.94 delivered from Tayna:

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/d21/

Thanks. Found a Yuasa one on amazon that seems to be good too, just need to make my mind up.

Side note - radio code. Do I need to know this before disconnecting the battery? I didn't get the manuals with the car so I don't have it, although I know I can get it elsewhere. I've got the Sony in-dash 6-CD jobby

Yeah you'll need the radio code.  Ford techs can get them easily if you know any.  Otherwise it'll be a couple of quid on eBay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stef123 said:

Stay away from those crap lion batteries that euros sell. Bosch are popular amongst forum users on here. I also use Bosch batteries.  

Why do they die quickly?

35 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Why do they die quickly?

They don't seem to last long with the experience I've had with them. They are cheap for a reason and Euros sell some really crap parts/brands so nothing new lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stef123 said:

They don't seem to last long with the experience I've had with them. They are cheap for a reason and Euros sell some really crap parts/brands so nothing new lol 

Was a chap replacing his (12 months old) when I took my obliterated rear arb link back.  To be fair to them, they just swapped it there and then with no fuss (and refunded me with no fuss too)!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Micro said:

Was a chap replacing his (12 months old) when I took my obliterated rear arb link back.  To be fair to them, they just swapped it there and then with no fuss (and refunded me with no fuss too)!

Euros are known for taking anything back. If you ask boys in the trade who deal with them a lot you’ll find out it isn’t uncommon to get euro second hand parts. Not the first time I’ve bought new parts with bits missing too. Depending on what it is I’m buying I will usually open it in the shop. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club