Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIESTA MPG

My daughter has bought a 2012 Fiesta 1.2  30,000mls petrol manual, its her first week owning the car and its getting 28mpg,  she only does short hops but this seems a bit low, or is it about right ?

short trips will always give lower MPG im the same my commute is 10 mins everyday and thats it, the engine doesn't get to optimal temperature so will use more fuel i get 34 mpg in my 1.0 but being a slightly bigger engine will use that bit more and bring it down.

side note does the car loose petrol as in the needle drop or the read out drop over a short period or is it consistent loss over time. my sisters Peugeot which she got rid of recently lost 30 miles of fuel in a short trip to the shops and back

Thanks for that input Alex, she has not really had time to assess the fuel usage other than the simple fuel used divided by mileage, but as you say short hops of 5/6 miles which she does daily must impact on mpg. Mind you its better than the 22mpg on  a run she got from her crap  Peugeot 308 automatic,plus every week it developed issues and cost  me £££'s, shen loves this motor as its  lovely to drive she says .:smile:

Yes peugeos are terrible mu sister got 19mpg i think in hers they are lovely cars to drive comsidering the mods ive done it still drives smooth. Can she reaet the trip computer on the mpg reading and drive round for a week if this can still be the privous owners mpg that will still effect her read out 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club