Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunroof Won't Close

Trent Edge

Found quite a few similar cases for the old American Edge from a Google search but found that my sunroof won't close this afternoon.

It will open fine but closing, the closer it gets to the closed position, the more it seems to struggle and it eventually stops with just under a 1/4 to go then reopens fully - automatically. The dealership had a look and don't know so they're gona have it for a couple days.

In the 6 months I've owned it, I've had the bonnet catch stop working, auto-relock not working and told it won't work, windscreen wipers stop working for a short time and now this... hhhmmmmm

Just wondering if anybody has had similar and if so, what was it?

It could be the sliding roof channels are full of debris. It needs opening, the channels cleaning thoroughly and lubricating and then it should be OK.

H

I know were your coming from with faults, Ford seems to look at getting the cars off the production line and let dealers fix the faults after people take delivery of there cars. My edge was in the dealership more time than i care to remember. Eventually got the car rejected and have a Edge vignale but not without minor faults.

See here for auto-relock: 

Ours did this then packed in completely. Changed the motor but still no good , changed the harness and some other bits and now its working. Just waiting for new head lining as they managed to get greasy finger prints all over it !!!

• 2 months later...

Have exactly the same issue with my Edge. Sunroof started to slow down to such a degree I as concerned it wouldn't close. Took it to dealer from whom I purchase it. After checking it and cleaning the runners they said they couldn't find a fault so couldn't/wouldn't change any parts. Move things on by 6 months or so to now. Great weather at the moment so opened the sunroof!! Tried closing it and in the last 5-6 inches it stopped and kept going backwards like it was a safety feature. Roof wouldn't close so had to physically help it move forward in the last few inches by hand just to close. The car is now with the dealer having this and a catalogue of issues looked at!! Less than impressed with the build quality of this car given it's £30K+ price tag. Air bag warning light been on since the dealer replaced them all after a recall. Rear light cluster started to mish up with condensation, now has two inches of water in it across the whole rear of the light!! 

My Edge was in for a full day in the end. They told me there was a modification required from Ford to sort the sunroof. Haven't had the problem since but had other.

Adpative steering failure twice in one day. Not since.

Engine management light came on, turned out it was the DPF sensor. Had to wait a month for a replacement part and the light on. Eventually replaced and light out now.

snap Same  symptoms, would not close all the way,then kept going back,Been at the Ford dealers for 5 weeks, they are taking guidance from Ford Technical  as what to do, so far they have fitted a new motor which still kept getting stuck and opening again Back to Ford Technical again, suggested fitting new rails,these had to be ordered.When received 2clips missing,had to order clips, 1 came one day the other a day later fitted new railsand bingo! it would close but not open,in touch with Ford Technical again to find how to reprogramme no joy. The wonderful Technical informed the dealer there is a module that's most probably causing it not to open.Dealer says this part is on back order so they are going to take one out of an Edge that they have at the garage.We will wait events In the mean time I have been driving around in a  Ford Ka+ for 5weeks  at least it's reliable and cost a third of price new.Where does the quality come in when the  sunroof is crap on nearly £40,000  heap from Canada ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club