Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travelpilot FX SatNav What to buy?

kniightford

Good Evening All,

I'm very new to the forum, so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have recently purchased a 2010 Ford Focus Zetec TDCI 

regarding the Satnav function the second hand car dealer told me all I needed was an SD card for the operation of the Nav (I assumed it was just needed for storage) so only to find out I actually need to provide the software into the already factory fitted FORD SATNAV?? crazy.

So being new to Ford and this system of nav set ups. would it be possible if anybody could direct me to an eBay page containing the correct Preloaded SD card I need to buy as I've just wasted £22 on an brand new SD card that obviously doesn't work due to not having software on it :(

All help is much appreciated.

Many thanks Guys and Gals.

Liam 

think this is what you will need off ebay 

eBay item number:222640395267

i would send that empty sd card you got back for a re-fund :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks Dude, 

Yeah The dealers kinda got me on that one maybe they didn't know, i'll never know for sure. very strange that once you buy a Ford car with a Ford satnav in that you then have to pay again for the software, very crafty.. haha 

thanks again, ill be sure to purchase that one and attempt to send other back :) 

maps get updated each yr. the last owner of your car may not have had a new updated maps sd card, or lost it. it`s rare to get a 2nd hand car with the sd card maps still in the car.

Yeah I thought the same would have been a nice bonus!

regarding the yearly update do you have to buy a new one each year? what a false economy if so.. or can you just download the update?

I must have done well then as my 2014 came with a card. Not the latest one but it seems ok.

Thinking about it the dealer seemed a bit surprised it was there but said it came with the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club