Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB stick

john1287

HELP!!!!!!!

Have tried and tried to get my first gen ipod 60gb working with my new Fiesta 1.4 ze

Have tried the firmware - resets - etc and the turn off plug in turn on fixes to no avail.

Finally gave upo and bought a USB stick

hasve converted using itunes my favourite songs and copied them over to the stick, plugged in and it says NO FILES ON DEVICE

so haver then made a foilder called FORD1 copied them into that and still NO FILES ON DFEVICE

anyone got ANY idea what i am doing wrong?????

Desperate

John

As far as I know, the first gen iPod isn't compatible. I think you need at least the 5th gen (the one with video), an iTouch or a recent Nano.

In iTunes, make sure your import settings are set to mp3 and not AAC or Apple Lossless format. Once it's MP3, right click the song in iTunes and select 'Convert to mp3' (or something like that). Then drag the new files to your USB stick.

As far as I know, the first gen iPod isn't compatible. I think you need at least the 5th gen (the one with video), an iTouch or a recent Nano.

In iTunes, make sure your import settings are set to mp3 and not AAC or Apple Lossless format. Once it's MP3, right click the song in iTunes and select 'Convert to mp3' (or something like that). Then drag the new files to your USB stick.

Thats what i did.

I convereted using itunbes the AAC files in to MPR using the right click menu, then dragged them into to removable drive with mu USB stick plugged into it, they are there and i can plug them into my laptop and listen to them, so hacve no idea whats wrong.

It is a brand new USB stick an 'easyram 8gb' and has nothing else on it.

John

Does the usb have to be formatted as FAT32?

No, i don't think so, it works fine on the laptop, not converted it into anything.

Does the fiesta need the ford1 folder or anyfolder to work when reading the usb?

No, i don't think so, it works fine on the laptop, not converted it into anything.

Does the fiesta need the ford1 folder or anyfolder to work when reading the usb?

Unfortunately, your head unit isn't a laptop.

The USB stick must be formatted in FAT32 for the Ford stereo to recognise it, it says so in the user manual. Format it correctly, and you will have no probs.

A simple search of this forum would have gave you the answer an hour ago.

What were you using to connect the iPod?

I think it does have to be FAT32. Also I'm assuming "MPR" is a typo for "MP3", if not then that could be the issue.

Did you use the ford "Y cable" with your ipod? If not then see this thread. If you did use one then it is likely the ipod is uncompatable.

Ok.

Have checked and it appears the USB device is FAT32.

It is brand new, this is the story so far.

I have given up on the IPOD it is too old so not worth messing about with the ford system.

U bought an EASYRAM 8gb USB 2.0 device.

It is blank and needs no installing to use,

My itunes songs are all in AAC format.

I followed the Apple advice of using the advanced menu and then right clicking each son and choosing the 'convert to MP3'option which then givesd me an MP3 copy of the song.

I then selected all the MP3 songs and dragged them to the blank USB device. NO JOY, the car says 'NO FILES DETECTED'.

I have tried creating a FORD1 folder and puttingthe songs inn there again with no Joy.

Also, for info, my son has anew IPOD NANAO and an iPhone and both of these work fine, so i know the car is working ok, it is just my sons!!!!

Very Frustrating

Any ideas?

Ok.

Have checked and it appears the USB device is FAT32.

It is brand new, this is the story so far.

I have given up on the IPOD it is too old so not worth messing about with the ford system.

U bought an EASYRAM 8gb USB 2.0 device.

It is blank and needs no installing to use,

My itunes songs are all in AAC format.

I followed the Apple advice of using the advanced menu and then right clicking each son and choosing the 'convert to MP3'option which then givesd me an MP3 copy of the song.

I then selected all the MP3 songs and dragged them to the blank USB device. NO JOY, the car says 'NO FILES DETECTED'.

I have tried creating a FORD1 folder and puttingthe songs inn there again with no Joy.

Also, for info, my son has anew IPOD NANAO and an IPHONE and both of these work fine, so i know the car is working ok, it is just my sons!!!!

Very Frustrating

Any ideas?

The only other likely scenario is that your songs via iTunes are DRM protected and need to be unprotected to play on other media sources other than Apples. It's to stop fraud so they say. <_<

Here, have a read of this thread, it should solve your problems.

If it is a case of drm protection, which sound about right. Try google "how to remove drm protection"

Thanks Keith and Jacj and all,

still no luck as yet.

I have reformatted the usb drive and can confirm it is deffinately FAT32.

I have checked and made sure that two songs i selected were freely available imported from CD and not purchased songs from ituned, these have been selected and using the method in your links been copied into MP3 formatt using ITUNES verion 6.

All goes great until i stick it in the car and it says 'NO FILES DETECTED'.

Totally stumped.

As i say, my sons iPhone and NANO both work using the Ford Y Cable, it is just this issue with my songs, some are very old, have been imported years ago, so won't have any purchase protection on them, but none of them work.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

What I would say is rip a cd into windows media player, in unprotected MP3 then copy the files onto your stick and see if that works

I can tell you its not a problem with the stick or the formatt of the stick, as you wouldnt get as far as the "no files detected" if these were the problems. You would get a "device not supported" message if it was.

Give the above a go and see what happens :)

Yep, as Jonny says, looks like iTunes is protecting the fles when it is converting them. Use windows media player to convert to MP3.

What I would say is rip a cd into windows media player, in unprotected MP3 then copy the files onto your stick and see if that works

I can tell you its not a problem with the stick or the formatt of the stick, as you wouldnt get as far as the "no files detected" if these were the problems. You would get a "device not supported" message if it was.

Give the above a go and see what happens :)

Thanks Johny

Its just the thouht of having to re-rip over 8gb of songs!!!! wow

I too am not a fan of iTunes for this very reason. That said, WMP in Windows 7 is proving to be awful in other ways (constantly re-scanning my media library when it is 160GB is frustrating).

You can batch convert your AAC files using something like Goldwave, which is free. There are plenty of other free batch conversion tools out there, but make sure that they use a decent high-quality MP3 encoder (LAME is a very safe bet).

Thanks Johny

Its just the thouht of having to re-rip over 8gb of songs!!!! wow

One of the many reasons I hate Apple Corp. and why they will never see a penny of my cash. There are far too many "Apple Sheep" around these days. What is it we have now? ipad???? a revolution in mobile computing??? Get over yourself "Mr. Jobs" it's a tablet pc with a crappy incompatable operating system and they've been around for years. No doubt the Sheep will buy them in the millions though. The fools.

lol, sorry for the rant!!! :)

You may be able to successfully convert your itunes files using suitable software from the web, no doubt somebody on here can recommend a programme that will do the job

One of the many reasons I hate Apple Corp. and why they will never see a penny of my cash. There are far too many "Apple Sheep" around these days. What is it we have now? ipad???? a revolution in mobile computing??? Get over yourself "Mr. Jobs" it's a tablet pc with a crappy incompatable operating system and they've been around for years. No doubt the Sheep will buy them in the millions though. The fools.

lol, sorry for the rant!!! :)

You may be able to successfully convert your itunes files using suitable software from the web, no doubt somebody on here can recommend a programme that will do the job

Ok

The story so far.

Have reformatted the usb to ensure no residual files etc and it is FAT32, USB2 etc

Have ripped an old Bowie CD using BOTH ITUNES AND Media Player,

Then dragged them to the G:/ drive withe USB insitu.

Insterted into cra, then hey presto! Nothing, just a box message saying no files on Device.

Have then deleted the itunes songs, tried again, same message, then deleted the media player siongs and tried again,same message.

have finally downloaded a couple of unprotected mp34 songs from the web and agon, same message, no files on device.

Am running out of ideas, the manual says there should be no partitions, ther are none on the drive and everythin is mp3 layer 4 or whatever it's called.

The onky other thing the manual says is that the usb device etc should not be to big as it sues too much power and would not be supported, mine is a new easyRam 8gb device, anyine else use this?

Any ideas?

John

Will try and get hold of another, seems the next logical step.

The manual, ststes you just need MP3 files, but it also states playlists and folders etc should be in mpu formatt, do you know what that is?

How is your USB set up?

Maybe i am missing a minor detail, how did you set up yours?

Have you got a SD card from a digital camera and a card reader. Would that work?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club