Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

DavyTee

Advice on going DIY maintenance

You have forgotten to put the release bearing in? 🙈🙈🙈

you're too far away for me to offer you a hand. 

On 05/04/2018 at 11:58 PM, stef123 said:

You have forgotten to put the release bearing in? 🙈🙈🙈

you're too far away for me to offer you a hand. 

I'll get it done just thought I'd let you know it can be done as a first timer, we just need to remember to check everything 😂 but the 1 thing l was thinking about was what you mentioned about doing the video partly just to prove it doesn't require power tools of any sort or any other so called special tools all so called exsperts claim are needed..

9 hours ago, doggsbody said:

I'll get it done just thought I'd let you know it can be done as a first timer, we just need to remember to check everything 😂 but the 1 thing l was thinking about was what you mentioned about doing the video partly just to prove it doesn't require power tools of any sort or any other so called special tools all so called exsperts claim are needed..

Anything can be done if you put your mind to it. It’s just nuts and bolts is how I look at it. 

As for special tools, I don’t agree that you ‘need’ them. battery tools make life much easier and faster though and for anyone doing this regularly or ever day that is where you need them because time is money. 

Hats off to you for giving it a go. The best lessons are learnt the hard way, so it looks like you’ll remember next time lol. 

On 08/04/2018 at 11:18 AM, stef123 said:

Anything can be done if you put your mind to it. It’s just nuts and bolts is how I look at it. 

As for special tools, I don’t agree that you ‘need’ them. battery tools make life much easier and faster though and for anyone doing this regularly or ever day that is where you need them because time is money. 

Hats off to you for giving it a go. The best lessons are learnt the hard way, so it looks like you’ll remember next time lol. 

Yeah l definitely will @stef123 😂 l totally agree if it's a daily job having anything that makes it quicker is definitely best to have, my point is towards those who claim unless you have those tools then you can't well they'll see soon enough us home DIY basic everyday tool users can still do the job just the same, unfortunately the bad weather keeps slowing me down 😠..