Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo MK4 Electric Folding Mirrors

BigShuggs

I’m sorry if this has been answered and I have looked at other threads but I’ve not found what I’m looking for. 

I have an 07 plate Mondeo MK4 titanium x and from what I understand so far, it doesn’t have auto folding mirrors which is fine but it does have folding mirrors which are activate via the little button.

My problem is that the passenger side mirror does fold in but the drivers side does not. 

1, any ideas where to begin?

2,  can you activate auto folding mirrors?

Thank you in advance  

The mirrors can jam do you have any noise like a clicking sound, if so then the gears are likely to be stripped and then it's a replacement job nothing inside to repair, I know I've tried. If you operate the switch and at the same time manually move the mirror this may cure the problem.

my 2009 titanium did have auto mirrors, so yours may have look on Ford Etis enter your reg number and the original spec of your car will come up. 

https://www.etis.ford.com/

Thanks for the reply, no noise at all, i click the button and there’s just nothing, no noise, no movement but the passenger works perfectly. Is it possible of a loose connection or anything like that? Just not sure where to look. I’ll give it a try moving the mirror and switch at the same time and see what happens. 

They are fused separately as far as I recall and I think the fuse is in the rear fuse box number 2 now this is from memory so might not be correct. Any loose connection will be in the socket in the door  as there is no connection after that if you see what I mean.

has this just stopped working or has it been like it for a while?

I’ll doible check the fuses, I’ve only had the car 2 weeks, private sale, it’s had a few little issues like rear bulbs needed replacing, cig lighter didn’t work, the blaupunkt NX Radio satnav didn’t work but I updated the firmware and it works normally. Also the reversing sensors don’t work, I occasionally get a long beep when reverse is selected and then nothing. Glove box was extremely stiff, all small things to fix but I’m just stuck on the mirrors and sensors as I’ve never had them before. Love the car though. Very spacious. 

I've checked online for the fuse location etc and it's the same fuse for the electric windows and they work fine. However the door speaker cuts out and only works sometimes which will likely be a split wire connection (I had this problem with the Astra H) so I'll try get to the wires and see what's happening.

Likely to be the loom that goes into the door I reckon

• 1 year later...

Hi Big Shuggs

Did you resolve your prob?

I have the exact same issue wrt the n/s mirror folding when the switch is operated and the o/s doesn't.

Also, did you have any issue with the water running from the hatch lid into the boot space when lifted. Apparently there's a seal missing/ malfunction.

thanks.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this was resolved but i had the exact same issue with my drivers side. No click, nothing, fuses all ok. I even bought a replacement mirror, and fitted it but still nothing, but i did notice the multiplug connector on the door loom was very green. I gave it a good dousing of switch/contact cleaner, then used one of my wifes nail boards to lightly sand the contact pins. I now have my folding mirrors back. 😎.

I'd also like to know if my 2008 2.5T should have "auto-fold". I can't find any settings in the dash "converse"?

• Like 1

BigShuggs your reverse sensor problem sounds like the one I had on my car - it turned out to be the reversing sensor buzzer was faulty and when replaced for the grand total of £12 from Ford all was well. The buzzer was located in the roof lining by the rear interior light and what a faff to locate  and pain to remove as it is glued to the lining I should have left it there 😮 and the wiring could have been a bit longer. My car is the estate version so your buzzer could be located in the boot area if your is a hatchback - found that out the hard way after stripping the back end of my car out completely.  😣

• Sad 1

On 11/13/2019 at 11:18 PM, Pid16v said:

I'd also like to know if my 2008 2.5T should have "auto-fold". I can't find any settings in the dash "converse"?

Nope, autofolding was introduced on the facelift model. You can replace the door control modules though if you want to add it to a pre-facelift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pid16v, both my Titanium X estates had / have auto fold mirrors - my sadly written off 58 reg 2.5T and my current one a 60 reg 2.0 Ecoboost. Can you not check the spec of your car on Etis.

• Like 1

Thanks kawasaki kid for that. Etis just gives me basics like make model colour etc. No useful data at all. I must be missing something. I have a mod that was used on the mk3 but I've yet to check if it'll work on the mk4.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 1:16 AM, Pid16v said:

Thanks kawasaki kid for that. Etis just gives me basics like make model colour etc. No useful data at all. I must be missing something. I have a mod that was used on the mk3 but I've yet to check if it'll work on the mk4.

Have you registered for etis and as a result logging in before you search for the car or are you just searching of the basic page?  The former returns a huge amount of build specific info, the latter option just shows the bare basics.

(You can register free of charge)

• Like 1

tHANKS dAMIAN, YES I'M JUST DOING A BASIC SEARCH BY REG NO. I need to register. brb. Apologies for the caps.

• Like 1

Well I registered but the info I get is still basic, but with an option to buy info. 😕

On 12/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, Pid16v said:

Well I registered but the info I get is still basic, but with an option to buy info. 😕

That's weird, if you PM me your reg I'll grab all the info and send it you over mate.

• Thanks 1

That's weird, if you PM me your reg I'll grab all the info and send it you over mate.
Thanks Damian and sos for late reply. Pm inbound. [emoji106]

• Like 1

So etis tells me quite a lot about my car. Heated, puddle lights, folding but not auto folding. Mind you, Reading some of the horror stories with ice, frost etc I'm not sure I now want the auto fold option even though I have the later door modules ready to fit. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Pid16v said:

So etis tells me quite a lot about my car. Heated, puddle lights, folding but not auto folding. Mind you, Reading some of the horror stories with ice, frost etc I'm not sure I now want the auto fold option even though I have the later door modules ready to fit. 

I've had mone fitted for 4 years and the ice/frost has never been an issue for me 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

A bit of silicon grease on the underside of the mirror and the attaching bar can help stop it sticking.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club