Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software update for Sync 3 Focus Titanium X

Oldster

No. My thought was master reset to see if it would kick the wifi update yto start working.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Still can't decide whether to do the usb update to 2.3 or not. Doesn't sound like an earth shattering update whereas the future 3.x could be worth installing whenever released.
I guess I'm kinda scared of breaking what isn't broke. Would it recognise it as being correct update and if somehow file was wrong it would abort ?

6 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Still can't decide whether to do the usb update to 2.3 or not. Doesn't sound like an earth shattering update whereas the future 3.x could be worth installing whenever released.
I guess I'm kinda scared of breaking what isn't broke. Would it recognise it as being correct update and if somehow file was wrong it would abort ?

I've had no issues since the update apart from those that existed before i.e.IOS  Fordpass and Spotify not working since 11.2.5 IOS update.   I was worried about the length of time it took to update.

That's part of my worry too as my car sits outside so can't leave it overnight with power. I did read yours where you had just left it til next day but not sure if you had it in a garage with key in place

when programming modules, there is substantial drain on the vehicle battery which can cause the battery to discharge very quickly and stop the diagnostic or procedure. In the worst case this may irreversibly damage vehicles electronic modules.

1 hour ago, gillyallan said:

That's part of my worry too as my car sits outside so can't leave it overnight with power. I did read yours where you had just left it til next day but not sure if you had it in a garage with key in place

I followed the Ford instruction to the letter.  I left the car running and waited.... the initial rebooting message appeared after about 8 mins as stated in the instruction and then, once rebooted a message appeared along the top saying "software updating".  I left the car running expecting this to last around 30-40 mins as per the instructions.   1.5 hours later and it still said updating and I turned off the engine. I drove the car a couple of times a bit later and it still said updating, then that evening, when I started the car again the software updating message had disappeared and I assumed it had failed. So I removed the USB stick and  checked the version, but it hadn't changed.

Next morning I started the car and a message said the software had been updated, so locked the car and  restarted it after a couple of mins as per the instructions. An arrow symbol appeared indicating an update had occurred  and the version had also changed.

I've decided to wait as they seem to want to roll out this waze integration for iOS and that requires sync 3 version 3.0 minimum apparently. Everything I find says that is meant to be around April. Hopefully not just US and they include UK.

Don't expect to see any differences also with the 3.0 if it will be officially released later ;)

Good thing is only support of other navigation apps like Sygic Car Navigation. It works already on v2.3 but only under Apple Car Play.  And on Android Auto it works only from version 3.0 and higher.

I checked the Ford Sync website and there is now a Sync3 Version 3.0  (Build 18025) to download.

Fairly easy to install, just put onto memory stick and insert into cars USB slot, you need to have the car engine running or just do it whilst going for a 30 minute drive - as thats how long it took mine to update.

It doesnt update the maps though, which is pretty poor for a built-in SatNav system.

PS.  Does everyone else have the issue with the DAB system, where it takes about 11 seconds to change a channel via a preset?

• Like 1

Nice one. I've downloaded and will definitely update this time when I get a chance.

Do you all do the 2nd part of update and upload the log to ford ?

Oh...and surely they should be telling us through ford pass that this update was there. [emoji58]

Done mine on road to work. First off tried searching wifi at home and nothing found again.
Stuck usb in. Waited til it popped up and then set off.
I knew it would reset about 8 mins in but got concerned it took a little while after that to say anything, but sure enough it started updating again.
Eventually told me I could remove usb. Parked up at work. Done the off, lock doors 2 mins and then went in and restarted. Now version 3.0

And yes sgtAWilson mine has delay in changing DAB too. Not tried since 3.0 to see if improved yet.

Tried my DAB there and changing stations instantly. Maybe coincidence or its only slow in certain areas. I'll keep an eye (or ear) on it.

4 hours ago, gillyallan said:

Tried my DAB there and changing stations instantly. Maybe coincidence or its only slow in certain areas. I'll keep an eye (or ear) on it.

Thanks for the info - mine still has the 11 second delay in changing (and ive done a master reset), although my GFs new Fiesta changes instantly.

Anyone know if this update includes the Waze integration, or is this still to come in another further update?

From what I remember reading waze needed 3.0 minimum but I think waze has still to update as they targeted April for this to happen.

I'm not sure if it's IOS only or if Android gets it too, as currently waze doesn't work at all on IOS I believe, whereas it does on android but via android auto.

I'm hoping it is going outwith android auto and carplay as I don't like using that.

I'm also still wondering if new fords from factory with nav are coming with waze built in rather than here maps and if so, will us with here maps be able to change over.

Was trying the radio again today Sgt and it can take 10 or so seconds depending on what I'm choosing. The bulk of stations I use on my 1st set of presets are fine and change instantly. Some of my 2nd and 3rd choice presets take this delay to use. I even find between say capitol/heart/Clyde here are fine but took the delay jumping t bbc r2. Looks like it takes a while between these various " blocks" that they are on.

If they are on the same block then it's quick but on a other one it takes a bit to find it.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:47 PM, SgtAWilson said:

I checked the Ford Sync website and there is now a Sync3 Version 3.0  (Build 18025) to download.

Fairly easy to install, just put onto memory stick and insert into cars USB slot, you need to have the car engine running or just do it whilst going for a 30 minute drive - as thats how long it took mine to update.

It doesnt update the maps though, which is pretty poor for a built-in SatNav system.

PS.  Does everyone else have the issue with the DAB system, where it takes about 11 seconds to change a channel via a preset?

What's different with 3.0 ?  I can see some graphics changes and the gracenotes version update, but haven't come across anything else yet. Any ideas ?

I was also talking to my local Ford service dept and he said they had been advised not to install V 3 because it may cause issues !  I did ask why Ford would offer the downlodad to the public if that was case.

I don't see anything either. I thought it was to do groundwork for iOS users but I'm on android so don't notice any difference.

I'm sure someone posted the other day something about 3.2 so guess another might not be far away.

7 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

I don't see anything either. I thought it was to do groundwork for iOS users but I'm on android so don't notice any difference

Lol - the navigation menu icon is now an arrow rather than a star ! 

Lol - the navigation menu icon is now an arrow rather than a star ! 
Lol. Seems worth the 30 mins to update.
A guy in work suggested they probably don't do anything other than the bit of text for the version number.

Which version was it that you downloaded and installed the other day? I downloaded and transferred to USB drive yesterday what was then on the Ford site but now don't know whather what's on the drive is 2.3 or 3.0. Is there a way of telling by considering the file number or somesuch?

A friend who lives in the Midlands tells me today that his local dealer is not advising people to download and install.

So overall I haven't the vaguest notion of where I am on this and wonder what I've to lose if I do nothing!

Chas

If you download the zip file and open it you can then view the install file in notepad. It'll tell you in there which version it is.

P's if you do any updates then follow the 2nd part from the update site. Basically you upload a log file to tell them you updated. Makes it easier to see future updates, as if I go there now it says I'm up to date.

If you are getting no bother just now then it's possibly not worth getting as there's no real noticeable difference.

Now, if they'd just update the sat nav maps I'd be happy.

Not sure if anyone knows if there's a site with update notes as to what's in each update?

I've tried to update but after inserting usb stick into car I keep  getting list error download again and retry.

My system has updated to v3 but I don't appear to have a .xml log file to upload to Ford. Can anyone post the contents of the  v3.0 .xml log file ? According to Ford the file name is SYNC + Serial Number + VIN and has the extension .xml (e.g. Sync_WUB3A18V_WF05MNGCC5FY12345.xml).

I cleared my usb stick the other night. Might have had car specific things within it anyway.