Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software update for Sync 3 Focus Titanium X

Oldster

On 4/13/2018 at 7:59 AM, Bannko said:

@Hinckleyfox i have updated from FAT32 without problems. The problem actually is that SYNC3 is somehow very picky on USBs, if possible try different USB.

I received the SYSTEM update message immediately after i have pluged the USB.

@Bannko Any idea why after the F7 map/voice update the voice command system doesn't seem to think there is navigation ?  The new map and nav voice guidance seem to work fine but I can now only use voice command to control audio and phone. Thanks.

1 hour ago, avi said:

@Bannko Any idea why after the F7 map/voice update the voice command system doesn't seem to think there is navigation ?  The new map and nav voice guidance seem to work fine but I can now only use voice command to control audio and phone. Thanks.

Panic over - Master reset sorted the issue !

6 minutes ago, avi said:

@avi did you use the update from the other thread to update the Sync 3 to F7? 

1 hour ago, avi said:

Avi and I have found put that a master reset fixes this provlem. 

Have you noticed roads around you that weren't on it, look to be on it now?

1 minute ago, gillyallan said:
15 minutes ago, avi said:

@gillyallan did you update the maps to F7? 

I've not no

21 minutes ago, gillyallan said:
36 minutes ago, avi said:

Still some missing. The major new A556 bypass looks like it's still missing and I think that was completed in 2016.  

31 minutes ago, Grimskull2008 said:

@avi did you use the update from the other thread to update the Sync 3 to F7? 

Yes with pjcallows help to sort the voice command issue.  Apart from having to master reset the update went like a dream.

Still some missing. The major new A556 bypass looks like it's still missing and I think that was completed in 2016.  
That is still pretty rediculous and embarrassing. No chance of main roads around me being on it then that were completed last year.

There's a very good thread on German owner club site:

http://mondeo-mk5.de/index.php/Thread/1832-HowTo-Sync3-Endlich-Kartenupdate-F7-für-alle

If you can't read German, google translate does a pretty good job.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmondeo-mk5.de%2Findex.php%2FThread%2F1832-HowTo-Sync3-Endlich-Kartenupdate-F7-für-alle

It explains the version numbers, stuff about F7 and F7.1 maps.  If nothing else, it's worth reading the first two posts in the long thread.

I

Wow quite a read and feel more scared about it now lol

1 hour ago, rnem_uk said:

There's a very good thread on German owner club site:

http://mondeo-mk5.de/index.php/Thread/1832-HowTo-Sync3-Endlich-Kartenupdate-F7-für-alle

If you can't read German, google translate does a pretty good job.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmondeo-mk5.de%2Findex.php%2FThread%2F1832-HowTo-Sync3-Endlich-Kartenupdate-F7-für-alle

It explains the version numbers, stuff about F7 and F7.1 maps.  If nothing else, it's worth reading the first two posts in the long thread.

I

I was looking at that earlier in the week (can't see the wood for the trees sprang to mind) and there is some interesting stuff about changes to Syn3 hardware for 2018 models.  Apparently, Ford has changed supplier to Panasonic and there are some hardware difference such as increased storage.  Not sure how this will complicate things going forward given how "easy" it is at the mo - lol.

I've updated to Sync 3.0 build 18025 using the software from the Ford UK site, and also updated to Map "F7" v 3.0.18010 and Nav Voice Pack EU v 3.0.18025. The only issue I encountered on the map related update was having to master reset Sync 3 (option in the general menu) because voice command didn't work with Nav. Once reset it appears to work fine.

One thing I have noticed on Sync 3 version 3 with Waze and google maps is that the turn directions do not show up on the mini display between the speedo and rev counter. It only shows the compass. When using the native Sat Nav the directions show up, was kinda hoping that Waze/Google Maps would do the same.

33 minutes ago, Grimskull2008 said:

One thing I have noticed on Sync 3 version 3 with Waze and google maps is that the turn directions do not show up on the mini display between the speedo and rev counter. It only shows the compass. When using the native Sat Nav the directions show up, was kinda hoping that Waze/Google Maps would do the same.

I also noticed this. AFAIK the applink based nav apps don't integrate with the Ford cluster display, which I find useful because it's more in the line of sight. 

I haven't tried Waze, but I didn't like Sygic. 

8 minutes ago, avi said:

I also noticed this. AFAIK the applink based nav apps don't integrate with the Ford cluster display, which I find useful because it's more in the line of sight. 

I haven't tried Waze, but I didn't like Sygic. 

I haven't tried CarPlay yet, might do that on the way home.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grimskull2008 said:

I haven't tried CarPlay yet, might do that on the way home.

I tried Apple maps and it worked OK, alas it also didn't integrate with cluster screen. At least its free unlike the premium version Sygic.

@avi sorry for a late reply but i see you've got all sorted.

To the maps on AA you can also use free google maps and waze but they need internet connection on your phone.

Sometimes wish I wasn't bothered about my car. I know folk who couldnt tell you what version their car is, let alone what software it runs. They just get on with driving it.
Me..... I need to know everything and so get frustrated lol

• Haha 1

Did anyone's car update to 3.0 via WiFi that you've heard of?
That appears to be another dead donkey from Ford I feel.

Just now, gillyallan said:

Nope, heard it is only working in the US atm. 

• Like 1

Thanks for info

On 4/18/2018 at 8:32 PM, gillyallan said:

On a Wifi related subject, I noticed the "date last checked" on the check for Sync update menu changed recently following applying the F7 Map update.   This is the first time it has changed from the car being brand new. I didn't think anything of it, but when I used the Ford website earlier today to check for Sync updates, it said I was "up to date - no action required".    It appears the car used Wifi to provide details to Ford because I haven't upload any log files.

Anyone else notice a date a last checked date change ?

Not noticed but now and then I hit the search but never find anything. I actually checked after I downloaded 3.0 just before I applied the update and it still said it didn't find anything.
Maybe it was broke on 2.3 and fixed on 3.0.

54 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Not noticed but now and then I hit the search but never find anything. I actually checked after I downloaded 3.0 just before I applied the update and it still said it didn't find anything.
Maybe it was broke on 2.3 and fixed on 3.0.

Not sure . Previously the last checked date was 3/3/2017, which is after the car was built and Sync version 2.2. Since then I've use the search for update loads of time but this never changed,  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club