Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My alarm wont work amongst other things

james_60

Hello folks

I have a few problems with my fiesta

1st The alarm wont work. I have tried setting it. thumping all around the car etc. Ihave tried sitting in the car and being locked in by my g/f i jumped around and tried the doors and tried the radio and hit it and moved the steering wheel to no effect.

2nd When driving there is vibration through the pedals at all speeds and terrains.

3rd Today the radio resetted its self and lost all my settings.

Does anyone have any ideas about these faults before i proceed to my dealer.

Jamie

Hello folks

I have a few problems with my fiesta

1st The alarm wont work. I have tried setting it. thumping all around the car etc. Ihave tried sitting in the car and being locked in by my g/f i jumped around and tried the doors and tried the radio and hit it and moved the steering wheel to no effect.

2nd When driving there is vibration through the pedals at all speeds and terrains.

3rd Today the radio resetted its self and lost all my settings.

Does anyone have any ideas about these faults before i proceed to my dealer.

Jamie

Your car only has a perimiter alarm, which will only be set of if someone tries to force the bonnet or doors etc. So you can jump on it all day long and it won't do anything.

Your car only has a perimiter alarm, which will only be set of if someone tries to force the bonnet or doors etc. So you can jump on it all day long and it won't do anything.

Yeah, and I'm fairly sure you could smash all of the windows and steal the alloys and it wouldn't notice either. Most pointless alarm ever.

True i agree. i was thumping around the doors (not punching) or denting) pulling the handles violently hitting the bonnet around the catch. hitting the windows. And you guessed it. Nothing.

Now onto the vibration etc.

Jamie

True i agree. i was thumping around the doors (not punching) or denting) pulling the handles violently hitting the bonnet around the catch. hitting the windows. And you guessed it. Nothing.

Now onto the vibration etc.

Jamie

lol the only most likely way you will get the alarm to go off is if you take a steel bar and rip the bonnet open

Sounds totally useless.

Sounds like the sort of thing that would only go off if an accident was to occur. Iam off to ford to get it upgraded

Sounds totally useless.

Sounds like the sort of thing that would only go off if an accident was to occur. Iam off to ford to get it upgraded

Let us know what upgrade ford offer, and how much for. If it aint too expensive I might consider an upgrade :)

Yeah, I'd like to know how much the Ford ultrasonic upgrade is too, probably worth the investment if it's under £200 in my opinion.

When I purchased my ZS I asked about an alarm upgrade because its something that worries me where I live and ford said there was no upgrade available :(

If you find one prices and spec would be awesome! :)

Ohhh and I tried to set the alarm off too and all I managed to do was set off my bro's car alarm which was parked next to me :lol:

After this I realised the definition of permitter alarm!

If you want to hear the alarm (or the horn as it goes) lock yourself in the car by pressing the lock button on your remote once (do not deadlock the car). The key must be out of the ignition if you don't have the Ford Power starter button. Wait about a minute, then pull the inside door handle open and there you go. It goes off! Other than that, and the fact you can deadlock the car, it's a strange alarm.

It really does suck. The only good thing about it is that after it's gone off, the next time you switch on the ignition the information display says "Alarm triggered check vehicle". That was pretty cool.

The only good thing about it is that after it's gone off, the next time you switch on the ignition the information display says "Alarm triggered check vehicle". That was pretty cool.

Which is very helpful if your car has been trashed or stolen! HAHA!

Yeah, I'd like to know how much the Ford ultrasonic upgrade is too, probably worth the investment if it's under £200 in my opinion.

I looked on the internet and I saw this

I looked on the internet and I saw this

Ooh that looks promising! Would it work with the normal Ford issue flippy key? And if it's a genuine Ford part does that mean they'd be able to fit it?

I've printed the page off, going to take it my local dealer and see what they say

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club