Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 51 plate Focus project

ForeverFordNips

So this will be more of a running documentation of the things that need doing, what I have done and what I want to do! Currently work shifts between 8am - 8pm 7 days a week so not a huge amount of free time but will do my best to be active!

I have just bought the car for peanuts from someone fairly local and he has provided receipts for the following.

- cam belt change

- waterpump changed

- front brakes and discs changed

All of this in the last 12 months.

I have owned the car for around 12 hours and have identified the following.

Blower is stuck on vents only (relatively easy fix/bypass)

Boot struts are knackered (will go to scrappy and get replacements today)

Damage to rear quarter (can this panel be removed??)

Generally untidy and unkempt but not the end of the world.

Rear windscreen washer isn't spraying so will need to check this.

Once all of the repairs are done the wife is allowing me a fair bit of flexibility on what I can do to make the car more "fun" (this is the family car btw)

- lowered

-alloys

-possible rear disc conversion (for the asthetics)

- 421 exhaust manifold and twin port exhaust

- potentially some fast road cams (probably won't get this far)

- some other aesthetics such as mud flaps, smoked lights and indicators etc

-anything else that people can suggest!

I'm open to comments, suggestions and discussion!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd always look at upgrading the lights to LED when I get a car. The front sidelights would be a noticeable difference having a white light led compared to the standard halogen bulbs. My dad used to have a mk1 focus ghia 1.8 tdci saloon. He did a bit of mods to it including xenon headlights (another idea for you) and bought these seven spoke alloys which I think were 17 or 18 inch. Some of the focuses had these wheels. 

So the boot struts have now been replaced! Such a relief! One wasn't particularly easy to take off but got there in the end.

Blower has been fixed. Now blows out of all vents when selected. That was a lot easier than I had expected. Simply searched YouTube for each process and followed that.6048b1a4bcfe7701317f0a87aa651968.jpga5474110974ef1fd98623ccc5fca8019.jpg3bb8cdc0f8518c7d87c904d4ecdc9f06.jpg0477f911981eed2b88a716b95d3bd5a9.jpge279e796388b16855d8a417a2c2e80cc.jpg

I'd always look at upgrading the lights to LED when I get a car. The front sidelights would be a noticeable difference having a white light led compared to the standard halogen bulbs. My dad used to have a mk1 focus ghia 1.8 tdci saloon. He did a bit of mods to it including xenon headlights (another idea for you) and bought these seven spoke alloys which I think were 17 or 18 inch. Some of the focuses had these wheels. 
Hey zain611 I was under the impression that LED weren't technically road legal unless they came as standard with the car. Do much prefer a decent set of lights. Regardless of who else uses them I would love a set of decent angel eyes.

4 hours ago, ForeverFordNips said:

Hey zain611 I was under the impression that LED weren't technically road legal unless they came as standard with the car. Do much prefer a decent set of lights. Regardless of who else uses them I would love a set of decent angel eyes.

For the main beam you could look at Philips xtreme vision bulbs. These are halogen bulbs but are a little whiter and give out a lot more light throwing out a longer amount of light at a distance. There is factory xenon headlights you can get however I think they are rare

• 3 weeks later...

Have had a busy few weeks at work so not had time to post but a quick update
So I have now changed the wipers to a flat blade set from amazon, a snip at £17 for all three. I have also changed the aerial and base as someone had damaged the base. A true blessing being able to listen to the radio and much easier than I thought it would be! I have however noticed a pervading smell of damp and so crawled around a little and noticed that my passenger football is damp ad is the boot lining! Have found a tutorial on YouTube about the passenger side footwell so will tackle that next!
Having to fit it around work and the rain isbecoming increasingly difficult!
After this it will be the dent in the rear driver quarter. I'm hoping I will be able to knock most of it out with a few hammer blows and then just rub down and respray. Has anyone done similar respray work before? I have never had to do bodywork repair and it is not a removable panel so a little out of my usual work! I will get a picture of the damage when I have the time.

Oh Also! I have diagnosed the rear washer issue as just a disconnected hose so need to refit that but it seems fairly wedged where it is. Either way a nice easy fix there too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club