Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battery

lasthope

asking for a mate he has Mondeo Turnier 2008 MK IV  Estate 1.8 TDCi,,in the last 2 weeks his warning battery light has been coming on and off making the battery dead its not the battery as its a new one got it mid last year all his lights on dash would go off and just click when he trys to start it so parks it up went back car started ok so took it to local place to check it was told battery ok but cant check ALTERNATOR as the warning light is not on best off taking it to a auto electrician so he did had car 2 days told me mate it was the  ALTERNATOR and it will be 160quid to recon it with a years guarantee so job done drove back ok went out last night then it done it again dead battery all dash lights off cant take it back till Monday any ideas what this can be

Sounds like a dead battery, get a proper load check done on it, battery's can fail early I had a new one that was duff from the start.

battery is fine the he had it checked last week at a local car place when he took it to the auto place he broke down half way I had to jump his car with leads and leave them on for 15 mins to give it bit charge to get him to the place

Is it a lead-acid battery or silver calcium battery?

The mk4 is very picky due to the smart charge and a lead-acid battery won't last too long.

don't no what kind of battery it is mark,he only got it in oct you would think the auto place would pick the prob out had car 2 days told him it was the  alternator and billed him £160 to recon it.car was ok till the night time picked car up at 3pm drove it 5 miles home then went out for a 10 min drive back home then on way home dash went dead just got home now not turn just clicks

The battery has to be a silver calcium and it needs a proper load test not just a multi meter reading voltage

13 minutes ago, lasthope said:

his battery is Duracell DA80 Advanced Car Battery Type 110 with 5years warrenty

That seems to be a lead calcium battery

he got it on  charge going to see tomorr if it works

update car sorted now it was the regulator that was faulty on the alternator

• Thanks 1

Glad it's sorted, thanks for letting us know.

• Like 2