Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED headlamps

Gigabit

I like the scrolling indicators but not enough to change the car for.

I'm more interested in the whiter and brighter light output from the LEDs. Hoping they'll be on par with bi xenon's at least on full beam.

• Like 1

I think changing a car for any optional extra would be a bit foolish :tongue:

Same here to be honest, not had many experiences with LED's up front but having seen them on other cars, they make a large difference. Gutted I won't have them on mine though!

Just now, DG97 said:

Same here to be honest, not had many experiences with LED's up front but having seen them on other cars, they make a large difference. Gutted I won't have them on mine though!

I'd just stick some night breakers or similar in if it was me.

21 hours ago, DG97 said:

Haha, same here, they were added to the optional extras about a week after our mk8 was delivered.

• Like 1

My dealer got back to me and said Ford don't provide an upgrade kit and, as it's not considered an 'accessory', they don't provide the service to fit them after the car leaves the factory.

A private garage would be the only way but even then, with parts/delivery/labour/VAT, it'd probably be something like £2000 😕

1 hour ago, Bishbash93 said:

My dealer got back to me and said Ford don't provide an upgrade kit and, as it's not considered an 'accessory', they don't provide the service to fit them after the car leaves the factory.

A private garage would be the only way but even then, with parts/delivery/labour/VAT, it'd probably be something like £2000 😕

Not surprised about Ford dealers saying that. Private will be the only choice but i'd probably not bother, not worth the money really and it's not a crucial upgrade in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Found a video of the new LED headlamps with the new indicators.

fb.me/1OQR9YP2k 

I quite like the indicators. Still not sure about the square shape on the LED headlights. Would be great to see the it from a distance to give a better idea. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Asked the parts guys at my dealer after I collected my Titanium Mk8 and he said that although they're available (since 5th March?) for new factory orders, Ford haven't yet released the parts for the full LED headlights to servicing/repairs, and there isn't yet any official guidance on how to do the projector halogen to full LED switchover. And while he might be able to find part numbers, there wasn't any pricing.

Going forward,  until that official guidance comes out, he said to wait until I find another car with full LEDs already on so that we can check the part numbers and compare what the actual differences are. Then he could assess whether they would be able to do the upgrade for me or if its too much for them and I need a private garage. 

So, if anyone has or is getting full LEDs on their Mk8 (like some of you here) and you also have your number plate registered (let's say you've paid and are soon collecting), please let us know. The dealership parts guys can then check their database for your number plate, compare components,  and determine what's new and needed for the procedure. 

Sounds like they may be willing to do it in-house at the dealer some time down the line afterall, provided they can have the car for up to a week. 

Cheers! 

Surely the cost of the light units, all the extra components and labour costs over a week will push the cost of upgrading the light units through the roof and make it too expensive to be worthwhile?

20 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Surely the cost of the light units, all the extra components and labour costs over a week will push the cost of upgrading the light units through the roof and make it too expensive to be worthwhile?

Probably, but I'd like to find out for sure how much it would cost. Then I (and others) can treat myself to an upgrade down the line to the spec I originally wanted, providing I have the money. 

Yeah I see what you mean. Think the base price from Ford to have them factory fitted is £600 on the configurator.

Still have to see a review or see them in the flesh as to whether I would get them fitted as an option on my next Ford. Hopefully they will be worthwhile and bright enough as I like the idea of full led lighting .

I just ordered a Fiesta Vignale and was tempted by the LED's.
I tried matrix LED in an Astra and they were super cool, but then I realised, that the new Fiesta LED was not matix, so I skipped them.
The matrix system, where it black out on comming traffic, is the thing LED should be used for IMO, so I hope this is comming to Ford's the next time I order a new car :)