Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED headlamps

Gigabit

Looking at getting the MK8 Fiesta, probably the Titanium X model that I'm going all out on (self-parking, etc.).

Is it worth getting the LED headlamps?

You will kick yourself if you don’t. If you have a look on all the sub forums on here, focus, edge etc you will see that no one is really happy with the standard lights. The adaptive LEDs on the focus, Mondeo and kuga are all excellent, I have no experience with them on the fez but if they are an option then it’s a no brainer. I’d choose them over self park every time. Self park is a gimmick, it’s fun and it works but £ for £ the lights are better value if you have Tom sacrifice something. Sensors all round with a reverse camera is just as good imo. 👍

Focus doesn't have LEDs available yet, but I'm definitely going for them on the Fiesta.

After having bi xenon's I don't want to go back to halogen.

Go for LEDs.  The dipped beam on my 2015 Fiesta is abysmal.  Sometimes it is hard to detect if they are actually on, the worst car lights I've had for a long time.  

Thanks all, gonna be quite expensive this one!

£18,500 via a broker (more via Ford), seems like a lot. Am I paying too much?

We have a Kadjar with self park.   We never use it as it's quicker to do it yourself.   Anyway. I prefer my Fiesta.

11 minutes ago, Bobr said:

We have a Kadjar with self park.   We never use it as it's quicker to do it yourself.   Anyway. I prefer my Fiesta.

Thanks mate, what do you think about that price I listed above? I think it's a lot.

Does seem a tad expensive.   Can you get it without the self parking module.   I'd go for better headlights though.   Mine are crap; seen brighter candles.

14 hours ago, Bobr said:

Does seem a tad expensive.   Can you get it without the self parking module.   I'd go for better headlights though.   Mine are crap; seen brighter candles.

Exactly what I said too. Self park is a good toy but people who have it don’t tend to use it much, like you said it’s quicker to do it yourself

I think self park is designed for people who aren't great at parking tbh, if you can swing it round and back in in one shot I really don't think you're the target market.  That said, rear and low side visibility seems to get worse with every new generation of cars, the mk3 Focus is easily the most awkward car I've had for parking, and it's nowhere near the longest or widest!  Even had less issues parking trailers in the past lol.  Parking sensors really are handy on it, and I'd say they're worth having, but not sure I could be bothered with self park.

I would go for better lights if possible...halogen are pretty poor in this day and age.

As for the price...  £18.5k for a Fiesta sounds horrendous to me, but I've never had anything newer than 5 years old tbf lol.  What I will say though, is I always go for high spec cars myself, and while they hold a little more value than more basic cars, it's really not much more.  So if you're intending to keep it for many years then go for all the things you want...if it's only a few years it won't be worth it when you come to sell imo.

Thanks guys. Still working through everything, think I can get it down to closer to £17K via a broker and then haggle it down with a dealer. 

I was originally quoted £19K for the Titanium with no extras essentially so glad I looked online!

Sorry to hijack but for those of us who have already ordered without LEDs being an option at the time - does anyone think retrofitting these full LEDs as a whole package would be possible? i.e. To totally replace the existing projector halogen enclosure and bulbs

And how would you go about this? i.e. Could the dealer order them in from Ford? 

At the end of last year, I asked if they could slot in the upcoming Fiesta ST's LEDs to my to-be-built Fiesta but the dealer manager said no (something about programming I think, not sure). But seeing as this is the same car as my now built and waiting Titanium Mk8, surely it's a like-for-like swap (Fiesta to Fiesta) no? 

1 minute ago, Bishbash93 said:

Sorry to hijack but for those of us who have already ordered without LEDs being an option at the time - does anyone think retrofitting these full LEDs as a whole package would be possible? i.e. To totally replace the existing projector halogen enclosure and bulbs? 

And how would you go about this? i.e. Could the dealer order them in from Ford? 

At the end of last year, I asked if they could slot in the upcoming Fiesta ST's LEDs to my to-be-built Fiesta but the dealer manager said no (something about programming I think, not sure). But seeing as this is the same car as my now built and waiting Titanium Mk8, surely it's a like-for-like swap (Fiesta to Fiesta) no? 

They are auto levelling so there is more hardware (and looms) required than just the headlight unit.

There will be sensors on the suspension to calculate the pitch of the car and the lighting control switch is also different.

21 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They are auto levelling so there is more hardware (and looms) required than just the headlight unit.

There will be sensors on the suspension to calculate the pitch of the car and the lighting control switch is also different.

Thanks for the reply, I'm new to cars so any advice is majorly appreciated. 

Is that all stuff that could be done though? Sounds like a bigger job, but is all that stuff doable?

I pretty bummed I missed out on the option by only a few months. 

In theory it can be done, it just depends how much needs changing.

Might need bigger bits of the looms changed if there is no connection for it, or even new BCM if Ford changed it to support them, etc.

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

In theory it can be done, it just depends how much needs changing.

Might need bigger bits of the looms changed if there is no connection for it, or even new BCM if Ford changed it to support them, etc.

Right, fingers crossed my dealer or another else where are up for the job then! 

Just to check, the shape of the units themselves shouldn't be an issue, right? I assume they're the same. 

25 minutes ago, Bishbash93 said:

Right, fingers crossed my dealer or another else where are up for the job then! 

Just to check, the shape of the units themselves shouldn't be an issue, right? I assume they're the same. 

The shape of the unit itself will be the same, not sure if Ford would do this as a retrofit, from brief experience, dealers tend to avoid retrofitting or anything classed as non-maintenance/repair of a broken part. There’ll be plenty of places willing to take this job up privately but like someone said above, it isn’t a case of simply swapping the unit, it’s quite a bigger job than you’d be expect so I imagine it’d be costly to do plus you want to find a good place to do it.

19 minutes ago, DG97 said:

The shape of the unit itself will be the same, not sure if Ford would do this as a retrofit, from brief experience, dealers tend to avoid retrofitting or anything classed as non-maintenance/repair of a broken part. There’ll be plenty of places willing to take this job up privately but like someone said above, it isn’t a case of simply swapping the unit, it’s quite a bigger job than you’d be expect so I imagine it’d be costly to do plus you want to find a good place to do it.

I see. I guess this is gonna a fair whack more than the £600 it would've cost had the option been available at the start. And then the modifications hit to insurance... 

Thanks, you've all been very helpful!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bishbash93 said:

I see. I guess this is gonna a fair whack more than the £600 it would've cost had the option been available at the start. And then the modifications hit to insurance... 

Thanks, you've all been very helpful!

Just as a bit of context, the bi xenon's headlamps for the Focus are around £600 each without any of the other kit.

39 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Just as a bit of context, the bi xenon's headlamps for the Focus are around £600 each without any of the other kit.

Yikes, I'll bear that in mind!

For Ford to only charge £600 in total seems quite reasonable then tbh...

5 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

For Ford to only charge £600 in total seems quite reasonable then tbh...

It's a £600 upgrade, so the cost of the standard lights and switches will be taken off. But yeah it's still good value compared to retrofitting imo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's a £600 upgrade, so the cost of the standard lights and switches will be taken off. But yeah it's still good value compared to retrofitting imo.

Am I right in saying they give you the Audi sequential indicators?

I am buzzing for this car :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Am I right in saying they give you the Audi sequential indicators?

I am buzzing for this car :rolleyes:

With the LED headlights on the front yes, don't know about the back 

• Like 1

Although I'm quite gutted to have missed out on the LEDs (not sure why Ford waited until now to offer but hey, the production/release of this current gen has been a bit sloppy by Ford), still haven't made my mind up if I actually like the sequential indicators or whether they're just a bit of a gimmick.

• Like 1