Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 mark 1 focus windshield washer leak

PaulPatrick

Hello I am new on this site, very recently I was removing a relay from the central fuse box behind glove compartment it was the relay for the intermittent rear wiper as my rear wiper was playing up because when in use sometimes it stuck half way for about a minute and then suddenly things got worse I heard a constant buzzing sound from the relay in the central fuse box and I decided to pull it out to inspect it and much to my surprise the connector end of the relay looked and felt somewhat wet.  I almost instantly new it was windshield washer fluid from the windshield washer and I was right because up on further inspection I found traces of windscreen washer fluid in around the central fuse box where the available spaces are left for extra relays.  I am assuming the pipe going to the rear screen wash is either loose somewhere or has a leak?  if so can it be sealed or will the whole pipe need replacing?

Incase anyone is wondering how do I know its windshield washer fluid here is how I know

1. its blue and I do not dilute it during winter season

2.I activated the windshield washer with glove box opened and instantly saw it dripping down along left hand side and into glove box.

@PaulPatrick if it's leak and you locate the hole you can just cut it there then use a small pipe joint as our rear pipe did this but at the boot end because it was slightly too short so opening and closing the boot slowly pulled it off now the joint extended it long enough to no longer happen 👍