Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch or Induction? 馃檮

聽Share

Hello,聽

I've just had a new clutch and slave fitted and I fitted a pipercross induction kit (Panel filter enclosed in original airbox, see link below)聽

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/PK363-Pipercross-Induction-Kit-for-FORD-FIESTA-Mk7-1-25-1-4-1-6-16v-inc-ZETEC-S-/132384358099?_mwBanner=1

They were both done at the same time so I don't know which is causing the problem...聽

When I'm in 1st gear, crawling through traffic, I'll get to the bite point and the car will shudder. Could it be that the cars not getting enough air? The cold air pipe supplied is really long, I have one side connected to the bottom of the new airbox and the other to the original cold air intake on the upper front of the engine bay (as directed). The pipe kind of sags down in the shape of an elongated "U", will this restrict the air intake?聽

Something else that could help diagnose the problem is when I'm in 4th, doing 30mph then accelerate the car will for a moment drop power, sort of a stutter.聽

I'm leaning towards the CAI but the juddering in 1st then makes me think clutch. Please help!聽

Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Petrol 2009

Are you able to put the standard intake back in to see if it could be the induction kit? Also check this recent video from Scotty he did mention about people coming to him after putting a induction kit in and having problems.聽

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

Are you able to put the standard intake back in to see if it could be the induction kit? Also check this recent video from Scotty he did mention about people coming to him after putting a induction kit in and having problems.聽

I really should put the old airbox back in to diagnose, but that's a whole process that I didn't want to have to do lol, but I must. I thought the ecu relearns the new data from the MAF and adjusts to suit, or do I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes?聽

I suppose I could say F*** it and accept a 拢100 loss and return it back to original or I could do a bit more research.

Either way, thanks for the reply and effort.聽

If anyone knows of any other threads with a similar problem please let me know. I find it difficult to navigate this website. Thanks

Yeah take the stupid "induction kit" off. It does little to help a NA engine and can confuse the ECU. The only thing it does is have a more coarse filter in which means the engine sucks in more dirt. If the new filter means the car doesn't get enough air, it's done the opposite of what it's supposed to do lol.

Put the original airbox on as others have said and see if the problem goes away. Otherwise you're going to end up going around in circles.

45 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Yeah take the stupid "induction kit" off. It does little to help a NA engine and can confuse the ECU. The only thing it does is have a more coarse filter in which means the engine sucks in more dirt. If the new filter means the car doesn't get enough air, it's done the opposite of what it's supposed to do lol.

Put the original airbox on as others have said and see if the problem goes away. Otherwise you're going to end up going around in circles.

I'll be taking it off tomorrow or Tuesday, then I'll give it a test. Then more importantly I'll put the piece of chit on eBay for some 'other' mug to buy 馃ぃ

Every car I've owned I've put an Induction kit on. To date I've had a (In order)... Vauxhall Corsa, Ford Ka, Citro毛n Saxo, Renault Clio, Peugeot 206, Ford Puma, Renault Megane and now a Fiesta... The cars are supposed to get better as you get older, but mine have stayed consistently ***** lol!聽

1 hour ago, XOAdez said:

Every car I've owned I've put an Induction kit on. To date I've had a (In order)... Vauxhall Corsa, Ford Ka, Citro毛n Saxo, Renault Clio, Peugeot 206, Ford Puma, Renault Megane and now a Fiesta... The cars are supposed to get better as you get older, but mine have stayed consistently ***** lol!聽

Haha oh dear. They're all聽typical boy racer cars (apart from the KA) and tend to have cone filters on that add literally nothing at all other than looking cool to those who know nothing about the internal聽combustion engine. Is your next car going to be a Honda Civic?

On 11/03/2018 at 10:23 PM, Luke4efc said:

Haha oh dear. They're all聽typical boy racer cars (apart from the KA) and tend to have cone filters on that add literally nothing at all other than looking cool to those who know nothing about the internal聽combustion engine. Is your next car going to be a Honda Civic?

I never did it for the looks or the "performance enhancement", It was a cheap way to change the tone of the engine, sportier if you like. I always had pipercross, which is kind of a deeper, throatier tone than K&N. Most people hate it, sure. But again it's cheaper than buying a full exhaust system for a 1.4l engine.聽

Is you next insult going to cure your self esteem issues?聽

7 hours ago, XOAdez said:

I never did it for the looks or the "performance enhancement", It was a cheap way to change the tone of the engine, sportier if you like. I always had pipercross, which is kind of a deeper, throatier tone than K&N. Most people hate it, sure. But again it's cheaper than buying a full exhaust system for a 1.4l engine.聽

Is you next insult going to cure your self esteem issues?聽

I think luke is just joking around 馃憤. A lot of people who come on the forums and talk about induction kits mostly be told to turned away from them as they don't really give any power benefits. To be honest I'd like to get an induction kit for my 1.6 tdci fiesta as you may get that dump tshhh sound when you rev it high 馃ぃ

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club