Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many miles (or km) have you done with your 1.0 Ecoboosts?

Jeipii

Just curious about how many miles have people done with their cars equipped with 1.0 Ecoboost engines. Also it would be interesting to hear if you've had any problems with them and what kind of maintenance/fixing the engines have required during that mileage.

My car is late 2014 model Fiesta with 125 bhp 1.0 Ecoboost. It has been driven about 27 000 miles (44 000 km) now. During my ownership I've driven about 7000 miles and had no problems whatsoever. No oil consumption or leakage and no loss of coolant.  

I had a 2013 100ps ecoboost ( bought new) went all over in it including a few trips to the south coast on holiday the only problem I had was once it wouldn’t start and had to be transported to the ford garage, turned out to be a relay, all fixed under warranty, traded it in last October for a new 100ps titanium , as I don’t do a lot  of mileage it only had 24000, on it , but used no oil, etc, it was my first ever ford, after a variety of cars over the years, but I guess I’m hooked now

7750 so far, first service coming up. No engine issues, reverse gear is often on holiday but got a scuffing sound when on full lock that needs looking into

not a fiesta, but focus. 1.0  2013 , now done 63k . no problems. 

There's 30,000 on mine now, of which I've done 10,000.   Two problems.   Stop start had to be sorted out and the front anti-roll bar bushes had to be replaced a year ago.   They now want replacing again.

55k (of which 20k are mine) - late 2013; no major problems while I've owned it. Had a bit of an annoying clunk sound occasionally though. 

On 3/11/2018 at 5:49 PM, jbell said:

55k (of which 20k are mine) - late 2013; no major problems while I've owned it. Had a bit of an annoying clunk sound occasionally though. 

Clunk sound? This sounds like detonation :o Did it happen while you were driving in low rpm in high gear and trying to accelerate? Has it happened often?

4 hours ago, Jeipii said:

Clunk sound? This sounds like detonation :o Did it happen while you were driving in low rpm in high gear and trying to accelerate? Has it happened often?

Always low speed while accelerating.  Had both front suspension top mounts done with no joy.  Suspects are shocks or engine mounts. 

Problem has been intermittent - so not got to the bottom of it.  It goes away for weeks by itself. 

2013 plate currently on 48k (20k mine) still runs sound, not had any engine problems, i know my suspension top mounts need replacing but having time and money to do so. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jbell said:

Always low speed while accelerating.  Had both front suspension top mounts done with no joy.  Suspects are shocks or engine mounts. 

Problem has been intermittent - so not got to the bottom of it.  It goes away for weeks by itself. 

Okay. Doesn't sound too bad then. As long as it's not the engine the bill should be reasonable since I guess Fiesta parts are relatively cheap.

18000 miles in my 2014 125bhp Titanium. No issues whatsoever other than it'll sometimes slip out of reverse gear, probably because I've not engaged reverse fully. Running her for another 4-5 months and then going to buy an ST 😁

63 plate, 100ps 31,500 engine dead, cracked block, replacement engine fitted, on the plus side, my start stop now works.....

14 plate ecoboost 1.0l 125, titanium, done 38k total of which 20k are mine, no problems yet!

2300. Clunking sound when not on a silky smooth surface or accelerating too fast. Stop start randomly not working - although this started after I installed a dashcam using the 12v so my immediate thought is that is the cause, it came back a few days ago after a month of not working and has somewhat semi-worked since.

My 17 plate mk7.5 has 3400 miles on it now, 1 year old beginning of May.

Start / stop works if i have done a decent run and put juice in the battery, not that i am bothered as turn it off when i remember.

My 2016 100ps zetec white edition has done 17k now (had 5k on the clock when I got it 10 months old). No issues yet! 3rd service due in October and first MOT next January. Only minor thing that has occured just recently is my driver side window won't open more than an inch or so. Thought it was the recent cold weather but still won't budge (did try resetting the one touch function to no avail).

2015, 100ps 1.0 Titanium in white.
July 2015.
18,000 on clock and no issues to report.

2016, 100ps 1.0 Titanium in Deep Impact blue.
December 2016.
11,000 on clock and no issues.

2016 Red Edition - 27.5k done, 14k mine. All good. 

18k in my 1.0 black edition, done some (quite a few) tweaks and am running 186bhp but has no problems just yet! Reverse can be interesting to get into sometimes but just takes a jiggle 😂

There's 30,000 on mine now, of which I've done 10,000.   Two problems.   Stop start had to be sorted out and the front anti-roll bar bushes had to be replaced a year ago.   They now want replacing again.
Probs won't need replacing bud probs just need some lube on them get some silicone spray from Halfords I just done my missus and there quiet again and done mines in December I've never had them replaced and checked them and there fine

My car is on revo stage 1 167.8bhp (dyno'd) before i got my intercooler so a couple more ponies and done 48k milage I've had no issues with my car only a gearbox but 2bh it wasn't the cars fault it was bluefin I had in it that caused it at the time but all good

80c7ad5bf09b5f2718a523e8f5af7ecb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

18k in my 1.0 black edition, done some (quite a few) tweaks and am running 186bhp but has no problems just yet! Reverse can be interesting to get into sometimes but just takes a jiggle [emoji23]
What ye do to get tha[emoji848]? And got Dyno?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2015 July Fiesta Titanium X with 123 Bhp 1.0. I put Bluefin on at 2,000 miles and have covered 34,000 apart from the fan rattling away all has been good.

• 1 month later...

Had my 15 reg fiesta eco boost 5 weeks it has nearly 50,000 miles on clock and it’s already been in garage once since I’ve had it thankfully nothing major as couldn’t be fixed then this week a pressure sensor has gone on a wheel so needs doing 

Bought my 2015 EcoBoost Titanium about 6-7 months ago @17000 miles.

Its now done 27000 miles and no problems (yes I do around 18000 a year)!

Just short of 3700 and the car is a year old on 16th may.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club