Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Ford Focus keyless entry problem

Simmons84

Hi, I’ve recently bought a 2012 Ford Focus titanium with keyless entry and start. All of a sudden the sensor on the back of the handle on the drivers door has stopped working to unlock the car, the sensor to lock it still works fine. Is there a way to fix this or does it need a replacement? Tia

• 5 months later...

Hi Craig  - I came across your posting; not sure if you ever had a reply but my Focus Titanium (2012 also) is exhibiting exactly the same fault. Did you ever resolve the problem and could you share your experience. I posted a very similar thread on this same forum but have not had any replies yet & wondered if your experience could help me too.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, Simmons84 said:

Hi, I’ve recently bought a 2012 Ford Focus titanium with keyless entry and start. All of a sudden the sensor on the back of the handle on the drivers door has stopped working to unlock the car, the sensor to lock it still works fine. Is there a way to fix this or does it need a replacement? Tia

Hi, unfortunately not. It did start to work all of a sudden for a week or so but then just stopped working again. I didn’t get any replies from my post either. I’m just going to replace the door handle when I get round to it and see if the works, but I’ve got more important things to worry about with the car at the moment, like the EcoBoost coolant issues.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same issue as this. Any ideas?

To clarify:

• It has always worked fine
  • All doors will lock by touch, including the drivers door
  • All doors will open through touch APART from the drivers door

So whatever it is is isolated to just the one handle, and it isn't a complete failure.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club