Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Ford Reversing Camera to 2016 ST-Line

Civpilot

New member here (Hello!) and have read several topics on this but have some questions, rather than reply to different topics I have preferred to just ask them here. I have a 2016 Fiesta ST-Line 3dr with Navigation and having followed several posts I have done some investigating on my own car and found the following:-

- The Nav screen already has a cable plugged into the green HSD camera port on the rear that disappears into the wiring loom of the car (so factory fitted).

- Checking the grey plug in the left side of the boot I do appear to have every wire in place both coming from the car (coloured cables) and heading towards the boot lid itself (black cables)

- I don't have a fuse in the car for the camera in the passenger side fuse box (but this was expected and is easy enough to sort)

So my question is basically is there anything else I need to do next to investigate? Does anyone have photos of the wiring to the camera itself? Would prefer to be as ready as possible so when I go to press the button to buy the missing bits and get them fitted I am not going to have too many surprises. From reading all the different posts on this forum and putting information together it does appear that my car is pretty much ready for a camera to be plugged in and activated.

From what I understand once I am ready I will need to buy the entire boot trim with the camera, boot button and number plate lights present from Ford then get this sprayed and fitted (I do want the steering reactive lines on the screen etc). Have anyone actually done this and do you have photos of your installation? (trying to find a car with the Ford OEM camera already fitted is like trying to find Lord Lucan it seems)

Camera - Screen Cable.jpg

Camera - Rear Plug.jpg

On Mon Mar 12 2018 at 9:22 AM, Civpilot said:

New member here (Hello!) and have read several topics on this but have some questions, rather than reply to different topics I have preferred to just ask them here. I have a 2016 Fiesta ST-Line 3dr with Navigation and having followed several posts I have done some investigating on my own car and found the following:-

- The Nav screen already has a cable plugged into the green HSD camera port on the rear that disappears into the wiring loom of the car (so factory fitted).

- Checking the grey plug in the left side of the boot I do appear to have every wire in place both coming from the car (coloured cables) and heading towards the boot lid itself (black cables)

- I don't have a fuse in the car for the camera in the passenger side fuse box (but this was expected and is easy enough to sort)

So my question is basically is there anything else I need to do next to investigate? Does anyone have photos of the wiring to the camera itself? Would prefer to be as ready as possible so when I go to press the button to buy the missing bits and get them fitted I am not going to have too many surprises. From reading all the different posts on this forum and putting information together it does appear that my car is pretty much ready for a camera to be plugged in and activated.

From what I understand once I am ready I will need to buy the entire boot trim with the camera, boot button and number plate lights present from Ford then get this sprayed and fitted (I do want the steering reactive lines on the screen etc). Have anyone actually done this and do you have photos of your installation? (trying to find a car with the Ford OEM camera already fitted is like trying to find Lord Lucan it seems)

Camera - Screen Cable.jpg

Camera - Rear Plug.jpg

Hey buddy

Seems like you have checked most bits and looks/sounds like your quite lucky and have most bits already installed

Next thing you want to do is check inside your boot itself, open it up, on your boot trim remove 3 screws 1 in each side and remove 1 from boot handle, 2 small plastic sides pull off first then whole boot trim pulls off

From there your looking for loose connectors, you should have 1 in there which is for the camera, 6 pins and green in color

If it's there you literally just need the camera and boot piece along with a fuse and some reprogramming which can be done using forscan

Would recommend eBay for parts, be much cheaper than Ford ;-)

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the reply mate. 

I did think that was my final check as based on previous posts on here I had already tried to cover all the most important ones. 

So next question is do you know of an easy set of tips for getting the maIn boot trim off. The side bits are easy but the main panel is somewhat less so. Any pointers would be appreciated?

I do search eBay randomly for the camera and trim piece every now and again but not found anything yet. Reprogramming will be another hurdle if I get there 

On Wed Mar 14 2018 at 7:30 AM, Civpilot said:

Cheers for the reply mate. 

I did think that was my final check as based on previous posts on here I had already tried to cover all the most important ones. 

So next question is do you know of an easy set of tips for getting the maIn boot trim off. The side bits are easy but the main panel is somewhat less so. Any pointers would be appreciated?

I do search eBay randomly for the camera and trim piece every now and again but not found anything yet. Reprogramming will be another hurdle if I get there 

Boot trim is easy, remove the 2 side bits, remove the screw from the handle, hold metal part of boot with 1 hand and boot handle with another, good hard yank and it will start to come off, it's only those silly little plastic push clips that hold it on

Camera and trims are regularly available on eBay, normally for around £150-200 but if you keep your eyes open you can get a bargain now and again, got mine for £60 :-D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club