Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plasti dip. Yes or no?

Rumblestrip

As the title suggests. Plasti dipping your wheels, chrome, etc. Good or bad?

As the title suggests. Plasti dipping your wheels, chrome, etc. Good or bad?
Did my fog surrounds ages ago, still looking good. Did my wheels and it lasted a few days. (See my build thread for Eve for more information)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Dan P said:

Did my fog surrounds ages ago, still looking good. Did my wheels and it lasted a few days. (See my build thread for Eve for more information)

How do I find threads?

13 minutes ago, Dan P said:

It's in my signature if you view it on a desktop.

Or try this...

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/71848-eve-its-time-for-a-face-lift-mk2-focus-zetec-climate-20/?do=findComment&comment=503948

Wow. Quite a labour of love you got going on eve. 

I never really bothered modifying my previous focus but since getting my black one I’ve gone a bit mod mad. Brand new alloys, window tints. Got a new gloss black Focus badge to fit on. Got a matte black titanium badge which I’m going to lacquer up. Thinking about plasti dip the chrome on my car and want to paint the brake Calipers. One thing at a time though as it’s costong a fair bit up to now!

• Like 1

Think this will look great against the metallic black of my car. 

BE832822-4882-46FE-8B40-141566B749F2.jpeg

• Like 1

Painting the calipers is a doddle. I generally dislike chrome on a car. Detangoing and debadging are among my favourite cheap, easy mods but I can imagine that matte black badge looking good.

I've been looking into plasti dipping and it looks good as you can take off the plastic if you every wanted to. I don't think plasti dipping is good for calipers due to the hot temperatures but I can't remember if there is plasti dips designed for high temperatures. My dad painted the old calipers on my car with engine enamel gloss black paint and it looks good. Upgraded my calipers to St ones so will be selling the old ones. Just need to get a picture of it. 

13 minutes ago, Dan P said:

Painting the calipers is a doddle. I generally dislike chrome on a car. Detangoing and debadging are among my favourite cheap, easy mods but I can imagine that matte black badge looking good.

He Dan are you in Enfield? Just was looking through your build guide. I'm in Edmonton so might see you 🤣. I do need to get 4 pin dents to remove on my car. 

Plastifip is good for small bits such as trims, mirror covers or badges but looks really cheap on wheels. Especially black. Just something about the matt black finish it leaves makes it look bodged.

I recommend powder coating wheels. Not cheap at £40 a corner (probably more if you don't know them) but it's harder than paint so won't chip off as easily. There's nothing worse on wheels than having small silver spots where you can see underneath. Plastidip just doesn't last very long on wheels before you can notice the paint is coming off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club