Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this normal?

F0CUE

I have had most suspension parts replaced so what's left in what could have an issue is hub/bearings, shocks or cv joints. Does this happen to anyone else? As per the diagram below once I get to near the end of the blue arrow where you are turning in to straighten up I feel a slight pop like a dislocation for a second and I sometime feel it when the car hits a High spot on the road and also when cornering fast on a corner with ridges there is a slight vibration. What would be the best thing to check in your opinion?

IMG_20180314_090331.JPG

Just a thought, front suspension leg top mount bearing ??

• Like 1

I have though of them for a while as I do get weird vibrations through the dash at times and would that not mean having to take the shocks apart?

• Like 1

@F0CUE yep your 100% right there, remove wheel then undo the 2 nut holding shocker to the lower arm disconnected then disconnect the anti-roll bar and 3 nuts under the bonnet and remove, followed by spring compressor's then undoing the top nut then stut top can be removed then fitting is reversed order, I'm doing the same job on ours 😀

Ours is the passenger side thoe, also at 35+ mph it'll cause the front to swurve to the good side without warning it shuts you up when it happens even thoe you know it'll happen as it doesn't give indication of when either 😱

Can u recommend good spring compressors that are safe enough? There is also the plastic to remove under the windscreen to gain access to the Oem sway bars on top as there is limited space I'll probably break the flimsy thing lol

27 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Can u recommend good spring compressors that are safe enough? There is also the plastic to remove under the windscreen to gain access to the Oem sway bars on top as there is limited space I'll probably break the flimsy thing lol

I've had the plastic scuttle panel off loads of times, it's actually fairly sturdy, I wouldn't worry too much about breaking it.

54 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

I've had the plastic scuttle panel off loads of times, it's actually fairly sturdy, I wouldn't worry too much about breaking it.

Cool that's good to know I'll test removing it at some point thanks :)

12 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Cool that's good to know I'll test removing it at some point thanks :)

No worries mate, the only thing I'd say is when you're refitting it, the long strip/clip that fits onto the leading edge of the windscreen, clean out all the crap that you'll probably find in it and it should pop back onto the bottom edge of the windscreen nice and easy without needing to be pushed too hard.

• Like 1

@F0CUE sorry l meant the drop link not anti-roll bar can't believe I remembered that wrongly 😳 😯

• Like 1

I would say defo strut top mounts mine has started to make some noise from these.

I would also say top mounts from previous cars, as they seize up the spring 'pops' round instead of turning smoothly.

I'm really not a fan of cheap home spring compressors, they just aren't safe no matter how careful you are.  If possible, remove the leg and take it to a local garage to have the top mount swapped over for a fiver.

• Like 1

@F0CUE well l used an £8 pair of blue spot spring compressor's n not had a problem just over an hour n all done the bearings wasn't too bad but the strut top mount it's self well you can see, now no rattle or banging over little bumps 😀 

IMG_20180315_123157.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club