• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members


RyanRowe11

Upgrading front Brakes to ST180 brakes?

Recommended Posts

Has anybody tried upgrading their front brakes to the Ford fiesta st 180 brakes? and do they fit :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RyanRowe11 said:

Has anybody tried upgrading their front brakes to the Ford fiesta st 180 brakes? and do they fit :)

What size are the mk7 ST discs and what size alloys do you have? I recently fitted 278mm mk6 ST discs, calipers and carriers on my mk6.5 fiesta zetec s 16 inch wheels and they fitted nicely without any problems. 

Before and after 

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply man :). I currently have 16" wheels i think the ST180 discs are 278 aswell. did you put the ST calipers on yours with the new discs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RyanRowe11 said:

Thanks for the reply man :). I currently have 16" wheels i think the ST180 discs are 278 aswell. did you put the ST calipers on yours with the new discs?

Hey Ryan, ah okay so Id say they'll fit. Yeah for my mk6 fiesta zetec s I bought mk6 fiesta ST calipers and carriers from ebay and the discs I bought pagid ones and pads from euro car parts. 

These are the ST calipers and carriers I bought. You will need both the ST carrier and calipers. The standard calipers won't fit with the larger ST carriers. DSC_0214.thumb.JPG.1c965ee9d4933803386e7769d1502743.JPG

Old and new discs and padsDSC_0223.thumb.JPG.f04cf06a8465b62a8b7c5ca8fdf58e95.JPGDSC_0216.thumb.JPG.b7a8458867da6a396d0c2fa7959b963f.JPG

_20180309_214356.JPG.ffa75d296b0b5df28ee5b685345214f3.JPG

Old one over new bigger disc 

DSC_0218.thumb.JPG.8327a75e402a740100dd1b3f42339804.JPG

DSC_0220.thumb.JPG.0823e48a95efad6a9d0d395e65fd6561.JPG

DSC_0221.thumb.JPG.013293a8e2605472a6e30784066550d8.JPG

DSC_0222.thumb.JPG.2a79b381641a8507b0022db8af0b8b83.JPG

DSC_0224.thumb.JPG.b838fe2f9bf94b062526007eff9b9722.JPG

DSC_0225.thumb.JPG.80eaadab2da0c359fcc97d30c72eb5cd.JPG

DSC_0228.thumb.JPG.c650c49b81cda60dbb6e67201bceda49.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome pictures really helpful. yeah i have the whole set and ill probably be fitting them next week i will try and get some photos :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RyanRowe11 said:

Awesome pictures really helpful. yeah i have the whole set and ill probably be fitting them next week i will try and get some photos :)

Definitely will be looking forward to the pictures 👍. Will also help others if they are thinking of upgrading their front brakes to ST ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to make this improvement, but ASEAN Fiestas are 4x100 PCD 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

I’d like to make this improvement, but ASEAN Fiestas are 4x100 PCD 😞

What difference did they make on the Asia fiestas? Luckily ford didn't change the fixing points for the ST calipers and carriers so they just bolted on without any modifications. The mk1 focus RS wheels I'm sure had a different stud layer out compared to the standard models so you couldn't fit RS alloys on a regular focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hub is different - 4x100 instead of UK/US/EUR 4x108. Hub centre is 55mm instead of 63.5mm. I’m not sure if the calipers mounts are the same or not. Most other things seem the same, or minor differences. The options lists are different - fewer choices in Asia but they come standard at a higher spec. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

The hub is different - 4x100 instead of UK/US/EUR 4x108. Hub centre is 55mm instead of 63.5mm. I’m not sure if the calipers mounts are the same or not. Most other things seem the same, or minor differences. The options lists are different - fewer choices in Asia but they come standard at a higher spec. 

Don't they sell the ST in Asia? I'm sure they would have done the same hub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, zain611 said:

Don't they sell the ST in Asia? I'm sure they would have done the same hub

The ST is only available as an import in some Asian countries. RHD are all imported from Germany. I assume LHD also but not sure. They’re not available in Thailand although all RHD non-ST Fiesta and focus for the Australasian market are made here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That really is a shame. Only thing I could think of is getting aftermarket calipers such as Brembo and similar size discs to the ST which fit for your hub. I don't see also why they'd change the hub. 

What about a rear disc brake beam conversion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zain611 said:

That really is a shame. Only thing I could think of is getting aftermarket calipers such as Brembo and similar size discs to the ST which fit for your hub. I don't see also why they'd change the hub. 

What about a rear disc brake beam conversion? 

There’s local conversions available that are cheaper than importing an ST axle. There’s also larger (310mm) front discs which I’ll probably get but they use the standard calipers with a bracket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup i swapped over from the standard setup to ST180. Simple swap you will require new discs, pads, calipers and brake flexis as they are different.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the information guys. will get round to it soon but its currently snowing so i will have to do it next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now