Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta zetec 1.6 diesel gear issue

Walv5

Hello!

ive just noticed recently that when I change gear I seem to lose a bit of power! Not a lot but it just feels like when I change it just seems to take a little stutter then kick in. It’s not a massive problem but sometimes when I’m turning a corner it just takes a bit of a age to get going

Don't want to sound like a idiot but have you checked that when you change gears that you are or are not in boost? Does it happen when you upshift or down shift? 

Sorry what do you mean by boost? It’s when I’m changing up gears it just seems to be a bit of a pull before finally getting going

Boost I mean that the turbo has spooled up to a degree which it pushes enough cold air to the engine thus increasing power. I have the same engine in my fiesta and the power comes in around 1750 revs. Have you checked that this loss in power isn't when the revs are below 1750rpm. Want to be sure your not getting confused with turbo lag 

Ahh im not sure I will have a check next time I go for a drive! It happened before and checked and my coolant was low so topped it up and was fine after that

Would you always notice this loss in power? Yes just check that if this happens below 1750 revs. When you go beyond 1750 revs that's when the turbo kicks in and you get more power. There's times when I move off from standstill and have to wait till the turbo kicks in which can be annoying. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club